cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we get rewards by asking and answering questions?

yen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I am asking you guys since I've never gotten any rewards for asking questions so far.

Thank you!

19 REPLIES 19

statusquo
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think the oracles sometimes moves the post to the correct category as I often see one of oracle's name on many threads and don't think it's because op has posted personal information for all of those posts @yen 

Maybe Public could remove the option to give bravos altogether if support reps are having to police such things in the community which could free them up to assist customers instead as I notice many customers complaining of not receiving a response for many hours or days.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I find it hard to believe that "the powers that be" consider Bravoing others (even if it gets a Bravo or two in return) to be considered gaming.

Might an optimistic person consider it good sportsmanship?  👊

@hTideGnow wrote:

Oracle is a special position.  Three are only couple Oracles here, selected and elected and applied for the position.  Oracles are referees here and try to clean up some inappropriate posts in the Communiy

Oracles are customers too and while they have the ability to perform some of these tasks, they are not obligated to do so.

@hTideGnow wrote:

And be careful, you don't really help yourself to get rewards by bravos others.  If you earn bravos, Yes, it helps.  Bravos others don't help directly

On that note, members should remember that giving bravos out for no reason or for the sole purposes of getting others to return bravos is a form of gaming and is monitored.

yen

Weird, I don't recall to have published any sensitive info. but I better understand what you explain. 

Thank you!

@yen 

@yen wrote:

Screenshot pm.png

Screenshot pm.png

In the example you provided, the Oracle edited you post for some reason. You might have originally included sensitive info that shouldn't be shown ..ie; account number, phone number, email address ...I've seen people include info that should never be posted on any Forum anywhere. Remember ...anyone has access to the PM Community Forum...even the no-so-honorable people.

yen

ok, no points then. 

Thank you!

@yen 

whenever someone replys to your post, their username and "status" appear in the corner of the reply...as seen below @softech relied to one of your recent questions. It shows his username and his "status" in the PM Community.

twin.png

yen

Screenshot pm.png

Screenshot pm.png

thanks @Handy1 

HI @yen  the * oracle thing is an Oracle helped you to update your post earlier, possibly you posted your phone number or some personal info and they helped

@hTideGnow  I think OP referring to this maybe @yen 

Handy1_0-1702248578971.png

@yen wrote:

I saw a star on one of my posts and when I position my mouse over it says oracle, no idea, first time I've seen that. 

HI @yen 

mind to post screenshot?

@yen 

an Oracle is another of the PM Community Forum members who have been selected to be one of the "officials". For their efforts, they get $20 in Rewards applied to their account every 30 days. You and I can only qualify for the lesser amount of Rewards ($15, $10, $5, $2 and $1).               FYI, as of January 2022, PM rolled out Points instead of Rewards. IMO the Rewards are superior so my suggestion is to never...I mean ever opt for Points instead of Rewards. Once you do, you can't go back to Rewards later on.

@yen wrote:

I saw one Oracle in my account, how is this applied? 

HI @yen  what you meant by "saw one Oracle in my acocunt"?

Oracle is a special position.  Three are only couple Oracles here, selected and elected and applied for the position.  Oracles are referees here and try to clean up some inappropriate posts in the Communiy

so, for us, we just can earn up to $15 or 15 points

yen

I saw one Oracle in my account, how is this applied? 

yen

I am not looking to get points by bravos or by asking questions, the reason I am asking is because I just wanted to verify with the community (which is normally to help).  I don't have so much time to be asking or answering questions. I am just inquiring to have the info clear. I've been with the company many years and I have never being asking questions to get points.  Not to mention that I have gotten bravos in the past but not points so far, so that helps me to fully understand and keep an eye when points are not applied. Thanks for your comments!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @yen 

kind of, but you cannot keep asking question to get rewards.  Better to help others and answer questions to get rewards

And be careful, you don't really help yourself to get rewards by bravos others.  If you earn bravos, Yes, it helps.  Bravos others don't help directly

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

How to earn community rewards

Want to learn more about how to be a top contributor?

Getting started is easy. All you have to do is give help to your fellow Community members, acknowledge solutions, and share ideas.  And, of course, your suggestions and feedback will help us create a better experience for everyone.

Here’s how you can get started –

See a post you like? Show it some love and give it a bravo!

Chalupa_Batman_0-1702246302732.png

Here are the levels

Chalupa_Batman_1-1702246302795.png

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yen  It’s a secret formula that only PM knows but I can share this with you 

By participating , reading and helping others with questions . And learning and sharing and good things will happen 

ranked chart here 

Handy1_0-1702246166887.png

Need Help? Let's chat.