cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching from $25 plan to $34/25GB Plan

ComicCuriosity
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, guys,

I’m currently on the $25 monthly plan but am considering switching to the promotional $34 25GB plan.

If I switch over, will I still keep my public rewards? I currently have $9 in monthly credits.

Also, can I switch back to the $25 plan at any time? I've been on the $25 monthly plan for over 4 years now.

Thanks!

17 REPLIES 17

@ComicCuriosity wrote:

Oh, that sucks! So that means I can't apply for the $34 plan?

Sorry, but no as the $35 25GB plan is only available to new customers.

@ComicCuriosity  Yes there will be warnings if your in your rewards portal about switching to points . Just stay away from there and no worries . And for changing your plan yes there’s a box to tap change on next renewal like this 

Change plan in 3 easy clicks

Handy1_0-1702236479701.jpeg

Once you find plan you want be sure to (change on renewal )So you don’t lose money on current cycle

ComicCuriosity

To switch your Rewards is all voluntary so DON’T switch. The old Rewards system is better since you will get a monthly credit and no more $2 for AutoPay.

How do I check that I don't switch my rewards? That's what I'm worried about. 

yen
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Thank you!

That clarifies my question 🙂

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@yen  It is only $5 cap loyalty reward . But you see $15 in my screen shot because of a 90 day plan I’m on so I see the rewards x3 

yen

Hi there!

I saw all the details and I found out you have a 15$ loyalty, how did you get that? is it 1 per year?

I was told not possible to get more than 5$ loyalty when I turned 7 years with PM.

Could you please tell me more about it?

@Carolccc "I think you can change your plan at any time if the plan is available."

Yes you can but if you change before the scheduled renewal date there is no prorating since PM is prepaid. So you would lose the rest of the current plan and no refund for the unused portion.  That's why change plan on renewal is usually the preferred option over change immediately.

Gwanzi

Thank you!

Carolccc

I think you can change your plan at any time if the plan is available.

Carolccc

By the way, on Black Friday promotion plan $34/40gb, maybe Boxing Day have better plan than $34/25gb. Just guess.

Carolccc

I just change my $25 plan to $29, the rewards still there. If you didn’t change the reward to point, I think the reward are always there.

@ComicCuriosity wrote:

Not unless you start afresh with a new account and number, in which case you'll also need a new SIM card.

I'd recommend you wait for the Boxing Day sales - there are sure to be specials for both existing and new customers then.

@ComicCuriosity 

I would suggest you wait until Boxing Day. There are normally promos like on Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

To switch your Rewards is all voluntary so DON’T switch. The old Rewards system is better since you will get a monthly credit and no more $2 for AutoPay.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@ComicCuriosity  No you won’t lose your old rewards I can confirm this , I just switched to $34 plan too and kept my rewards have a look 

Handy1_0-1702173858581.png

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ComicCuriosity 

Switching plans advertises Public Points, however, users NEED NOT switch to Public Points to take advantage of plan changes.

Just make sure to never, ever, switch to Public Points.

You are wise to remain with the now Legacy rewards program - many who switched wish they hadn't.

ComicCuriosity

@ComicCuriosity wrote:

I’m currently on the $25 monthly plan but am considering switching to the promotional $34 25GB plan.

If I switch over, will I still keep my public rewards? I currently have $9 in monthly credits.

Also, can I switch back to the $25 plan at any time? I've been on the $25 monthly plan for over 4 years now.

Changing plans doesn't change the rewards, but in any event, existing cusotmers unfortunately are ineligible for the $34 25GB plan.  it's for new customers only.

Need Help? Let's chat.