cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do reward discounts carry forward?

publicmobile91
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am thinking of changing plans from the $15 plan to the $35 plan. Do my rewards  (such as loyalty and referral) discounts carry forward? 

I currently pay $10 (-$2 for auto pay, and -$3 because I've been with Public mobile for 3 years); so would the $35 plan be just $30 per month.

11 REPLIES 11

publicmobile91

Thank you! and thank you to everyone else that has chimed in on this thread.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@publicmobile91 

All good questions!

You will get 2.5gb+500mb for the autopay bonus so 3gb total. We were just worried that you may have thought you would qualify for the 2gb data bonus for new activations only.

The reason we suggest manually topping up your account so you have $35 in it to pay for the new plan is because there is a common glitch that happens when upgrading plans on autopay. Auto pay charges your card the old plan price that then fails to renew because you have insufficient funds and your service gets suspended. Manually topping up avoids that possible issue. The next renewal will occur normally.

Your rewards have a new account with the same login credentials as your self serve account. In your rewards account you will see "Join Public Points" avoid it like the plague.

HI @publicmobile91 , no, the bonus data promotion is about those 2GB monthly bonus data for plans $25 or above.  Since you have a $15 plan now, I don't think you have that

It is better to manually top up after an upward plan change because PM might screw up.   So, if you are going with a $35 plan, just manually top up  $35 once.  The top up likely more than you need because you will have rewards, but the extra will stay in My Account for next renewal.

publicmobile91

How would I even opt out of Rewards in favour of new Points? I click on "Change Plan" in the "My Plan $ Add-ons" tab, but I don't see an option to opt for the new Points - not that I want to, this is just out of curiosity. +

My plan renewal date is the 24th, so I have time to change plans and just exploring around.

publicmobile91

What are you referring to when you say "bonus data promotions"?

Are you referring to the "+500 MB with Autopay" that would accompany the $35 2.5 GB plan? If I do not get this, then I would only be left with 2.5 GB.

Also, when you mentioned that it is advisable to manually top up my account, is it because there's a chance Public Mobile may just invoice $10 from me (because it still thinks I have the $15 plan) as opposed to invoicing me $30 (which would be how much would be charged for the new $35 plan)?

@hairbag1 wrote:

Friends don't let friends opt for Points !!  😁

LOL, good slogan @hairbag1  ! 😂

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yes you will keep your rewards and as you can see in this thread and many others... Do not switch reward programs lol

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@publicmobile91 

Just to be clear all bonus data promotions are for new activations only so if you change plans to the $35 you will have 3gb of data. Also it's advisable to manually top up your account with $35 ($30+$5 (rewards)=$35) just in case the auto pay failure glitch wants to get you and suspend your services. Manually topping up avoids this issue from occurring.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

You can upgrade your current plan to another plan without losing your Rewards. Just make certain you don't opt out of Rewards in favour of new Points.

Friends don't let friends opt for Points !!  😁

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@publicmobile91 

Yes, your Rewards will carry over if you are upgrading your plan. If you downgrade, any bonus related to the minimum plan requirements will be lost.

Eg. The 2gb data for 12 months bonus will require a minimum $35 plan. If you downgrade to a $15 or $25 plan, the 2gb data will be lost.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Yes those rewards will continue even if you switch to a new plan. Just be careful to “ignore” the messages you may see about switching to the new Public Mobile Points system! If you have three years in (like I do) you are better to stay out with your existing rewards plan.

Need Help? Let's chat.