cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else getting scammed by these guys?

Loganb1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Not long ago I found out that my plan was changed without my knowledge. When I signed up with Public I was on the 25$ 1 GB plan a few months after that I was changed to a 39$ 20 GB plan and was not informed. I didn't notice I was bleeding money for several months because I don't make a habit of checking all of the transactions that go through my card and my phone has an automatic data limit that I set to 1 GB when I signed up so I wasn't worried about overusing and then paying premiums. My phone also keeps a log of how much data I use for a given day week or month and I have gone back to check if at some point I used more than 1 GB indicating that I intentionally upgraded and then got amnesia and forgot I did. However at no point since I started with PM did I use more than 1 GB in a month besides this month (may) when I found out I was overpaying. At the time I found out I had already lost over 100$ because of the change so I went to contact PM. Since they don't have a phone line or any kind of immediate customer service I started a ticket with the issue. After going through 7-8 representatives through the conversation the message they sent was 'It is your fault for not monitoring your expenses sucks to be you its been too long'. I knew It was unlikely to recoup all of my losses as they have something in their statement that goes along the lines of 'no refunds for unused portions of plans' however I thought they might have some semblance of understanding because I want the one who changed my plan, but no. I also asked if they could refund the current month because it was less than a week in and I had not used basically any of the plan yet. However, that was also apparently not possible and the only thing that I could do was to set up a change to my plan for the following cycle. So that's what I did I changed it to the 15$ plan and forgot about it once more. fast forward a few weeks to the present day my phone stops working I can't make calls etc. So I checked my account and saw that the payment had bounced thankfully, because they were trying to still charge me for the 39$ plan instead of the one I had scheduled to change to. After looking again the plans have changed and the 15$ option no longer exists. The current 19$ option is fine I am just so tired of the games that they are playing to get more money out of me and everyone else with the change to the reward points and them changing my plan on me and then trying to gaslight me into thinking I had done it and forgotten to ever use it. The fact that their customer service in my experience across so many people was so bad it just seems like PM is spiralling downhill fast and I don't want to be here when it hits the bottom. 

Sorry for the long-winded rant and if you made it this far thanks for reading. I just felt like I needed to post the experience I had and see if others have had similar problems with them, their customer service, or if I was alone on it. I hadn't seen any posts about it and maybe this isn't the place to put this but it's the only one I could find. Thanks again for getting this far and hopefully you had a better experience than I did.

3 REPLIES 3

Loganb1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I did check this as well and I don't have any promotions for the plan that I was switched to, nor any that I had replied to. Which is a lot of the reason I am upset. I feel like there is little I could have done to stop this from happening besides monitoring my bank statement closer, but I also don't think that I should need to keep tabs on something that isn't supposed to change without notifying me. There was no email confirmation or anything like that either to indicate that it changed. The only way was seeing the charge on my account. Even still they denied the 1 month refund for the month I had just paid for when I started talking to them so it doesn't seem catching it earlier would actually solve that problem. I also asked to be put back on my old plan but because they were no longer offering that deal (not that it was great) I couldn't go back to it if I wanted to. I don't see why they couldn't do the same in the future if they had some promotion for a good deal then after it's gone boot everyone off it by switching their plan making it impossible to go back. Obviously, I'm not saying that they have done that but its concerning that it happened to me. As of now, I'm looking at other options while I use the reward points to pay for the service so I don't lose that money if I decide to move to another provider. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Loganb1 , please check your text messages to see if Public Mobile offered you a plan upgrade marketing text that you might have accidentally accepted.  These marketing text should be from a short code, the last marketing text I received was from short code 5213.  Regardless of whether you can get a refund or not, it is important to understand what exactly happened so that it doesn't happen again.  

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Loganb1  I'm sorry to hear of your issues. It's very disappointing indeed what you have described. 

I know that companies are here to make money, but woa, come in Public Mobile,  this is just getting ridiculous. 

Some compassion for your clients would be nice.😔

I know how you feel, I was recently rejected for a plan change to them myself. It's just crazy.

Well, try to keep on top of all your statements and transaction activities from now on. The sooner you catch them, the less you'll loose. 

That goes for any company you deal business with. 

Need Help? Let's chat.