cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do data accumulate from this month to next month if I don't use them up this month?

SallyHao
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I currently have the $25/mo plan and a promotional 2G/mo bonus. I wonder will the data from the two sources be transferred to next month if I have leftover data?

10 REPLIES 10

akashm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes, data from the Add-on will get transferred over to the next month if you do not use them up.

akashm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The data from your regular plan will not carry over to the next month, so if you don't use them, they will just get reset the next month. However, data included as an Add-on will carry over to the next month until you've used up all of it. Note that, you use up data that is part of your actual plan first before you start using data from the Add-on.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao 

Unfortunately, your regular 30 day 1gb and 2g x 5mth promo will not be carried over to the next month.

But Add-on and bonuses will carry over to the next month.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@SallyHao 

Plan data and monthly recurring plan data bonuses do not roll over to the following month (30 days). Plan data expires at 11:59.59 p.m. Eastern on day 30 of your plan. Your data counter will reset at midnight Eastern on day 1 of your new 30-day plan.

Add on data**that you either purchase,  gifted or bonus promotional add-ons do not expire. These are one time purchases or gifts or bonuses that will roll over every 30 days until they are completely consumed. They will then disappear from your account.

**The exception to the add-ons rules are 10-day US roaming add-ons. These add-ons start immediately after purchase and expire 240 hours later. They run on a 24-hour clock and the same US roaming add-on cannot be purchased for 24 hours after they expire unless you preload funds onto your account and contact customer support to purchase the add-on during that 24-hour waiting period.

@SallyHao wrote:

If I purchased data add-ons this months and the leftovers get transferred to next month, when I use data next month, will PM deduct the data usage first from my plan and from the monthly promotional 2GB first and then deduct from the transferred data add-ons?

Data from your plan gets used first and promotional data is also supposed to get used first. As from before, please note that nothing is monthly at Public Mobile. All currently offered plans are 30 days long.

SallyHao

If I purchased data add-ons this months and the leftovers get transferred to next month, when I use data next month, will PM deduct the data usage first from my plan and from the monthly promotional 2GB first and then deduct from the transferred data add-ons?

@SallyHao wrote:

So data from neither sources get transferred to next month then? What about if I purchase add-on data? Will those data be transferred to next month if I don't finish using all of them up? 

As from the previous reply, unused plan cannot be saved for later. Add-on data (except for romaing data) does stay on your account until it is used up and he 2GB per 30 day data bonus isn't an add-on, so unused portions of that don't carry forward either.. Also, please note that none of Public's plans are exactly a month long, so if you're trying to time when to use up your data buy, the exact plan end dates and renewal dates need to be factored in. 

@SallyHao wrote:

So data from neither sources get transferred to next month then? What about if I purchase add-on data? Will those data be transferred to next month if I don't finish using all of them up?

@SallyHao  monthly leftover, unused, data and voice minute won't get transferred to next month

But the extra voice minutes add-ons or data add-ons that you pay have no expiry date and will be on your account until they are all used up.  (Only exception to this rule is the US roaming add-ons.  US roaming has a 10 days expiry)

SallyHao

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Nope...use 'em in 30 days or they're gone when renewal occurs. You'll get a fresh batch at renewal date though.

Need Help? Let's chat.