cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I lose the 2GB bonus data if I suspend my account for 1 month?

applesp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Anyone knows that if the bonus data is still there when I reactive the account?

13 REPLIES 13

@Luddite 

Well I have to disagree with your choice for this solution. Do we just toe the company line now? This is what the terms and conditions say so to heck with tried and tested. This makes my blurb in the lounge all that more poignant. What is the purpose of the community? Or are we just robots spewing company policy, books on tape and sign pointers? I'm going to just start answering every question "Contact customer support...here's how....copy, paste, done. Bring on the solutions!!! It works many, many others why not me too!!! The truth is out there....but who gives a ******** when I can get a solution for nothin'.....!!!

Edit: Edited members name out. My apologies!

@applesp 

Your good to go in regards to the holiday gift you are referring to...

@t_p 

Your post is correct although I always add a YMMV just in case. Every recurring promotional bonus that I have suspended an account on via lost/stolen whether indefinite or limited when reactivating on the same plan has kept the recurring promo bonus. I cannot say whether suspension via non payment and/or removing autopay is the same but presumably with the amount of autopay failures that occur this would not cause the loss either.....YMMV of course!

Edit:

Of course then I checked out that link to very old info that does not really apply anymore. But I suppose someone changing their plan may be able to ask for a targeted promocode to keep a recurring bonus promotion. Maybe this is how pm intends to allow customers to keep a recurring promo when upgrading or updating their current plan.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@applesp : The above are indeed the terms but they don't answer your question. You would need to know the difference between a promo type of data and an add-on type of data. The one you're asking about is an add-on type of data and as mentioned...it will stay until used...even through a suspension <90 days.

@applesp wrote:

Sorry that I wasn’t clear, I mean the freebie not the recurring one since I didn’t find any terms about it.

For the freebie you got , no, it will still be there.  No worry

Anonymous
Not applicable

@applesp wrote:

Sorry that I wasn’t clear, I mean the freebie not the recurring one since I didn’t find any terms about it.

@applesp 

you won't lose them until you use all

Terms & Conditions 

(1) One-time $0 2GB data add-on and one-time $0 500 minutes International Long Distance calling add-on are available to be added by all new and existing Public Mobile customers during December 1st 2021 9:00AM ET and December 31st 2021 11:59PM ET. New customers will have add-ons automatically added to their accounts within 1 week of activation. Existing customers will receive a SMS between December 1-15. Reply to receive add on automatically loaded to account. Free add-ons are one-time only and will fall off account when fully used. Each free add-on will only be added to each customer account once. International Long Distance calling add-on covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela.

(2) $30 Refer-a-friend bonus added to eligible customer accounts in $5 monthly increments for 6 months. Monthly credit will be applied as long as each payment is made before or on renewal date. Customers must use their unique referral code. Limited to one credit per customer. Offer ends December 31st 2021 11:59 EST, referred customer must activate by that time. Eligible customers will receive a monthly SMS confirmation when credit has been applied to the account. Credit will be applied within the first week of each month, starting in January.

More is merrier (publicmobile.ca)

@applesp 

No you don't lose that one.

You'll get to keep that one until it's all used up. It'll just keep rolling over, month to month whether the account is active or not.   Don't worry.

applesp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@applesp wrote:

@applesp 

Promos For Suspended Accounts

Recurring Promos

If you’re on a recurring promo and fall into suspend, you will lose the promo only if you reactivate on a new plan.For example, if you’re on a promo that provide 500 MB of bonus data for 5 payment cycles and you fall into suspend in payment cycle 2 and you decide to:
  • Reactivate on a new plan: You will lose your recurring promo. However, you will still be eligible to redeem any promos that will be in-market at the time of activation. Learn how to apply a promo when changing your plan here.
  • Top-up on your existing plan: You’ll be able to resume the remainder of your promo and receive the remaining 3 payment cycles of the promo after reactivating.

Note: If you're referring to the Holidays Data bonus, that won't be affected by suspension of account.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are asking about the 2GB recurring bonus data according to the terms it would expire.

Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@applesp : You don't "need" to contact anybody. The 2gb recurring data has a very high chance of dropping if you suspend. The 2gb gift data won't drop. There's a difference.

Edit: I see that poster edited their post. Still...

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@applesp 

If your talking about the promotion data you got by getting the $35 or more plan, then yes you'll lose that one.

I'm referring to the 2GB you get if you used the promo code 2GBONUS

Anonymous
Not applicable

@applesp 

for new customers who activate online.only, To get  2GB of monthly bonus data for Free* when you activations on $35, $40, $50,$60, $70 rate plans, for that Promo code for 2GB ,  2GBBONUS , that monthly bonus for 2GB no expires but you have to keep your plan and if you changed your plan you will lost the promo 2GB, just to you know.

if you miss it you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@applesp wrote:

@applesp  - Are you referring to the 2GB Holiday freebie? No, you will not lose that if you suspend for 1 month.

EDIT: if you are referring to the "2GB recurring data bonus".

YMMV

Based on the offer details:

2GB recurring data bonus will be applied to activations on $35, $40,  $50 and $70 rate plans with the use of the promo code. Offer excludes $15 and $25 rate plans. Bonus data will expire if the account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed.

Need Help? Let's chat.