cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Bill Credits ever go on sale?

GiraffeHat
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yo my dudes, just wondering if there's reason to sit on them or should I just redeem any time I get $15 worth of points?

Cheers!

13 REPLIES 13

xiv
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:
[...]
......can points customers buy add ons from their balance....I would assume, yes

I signed up with PM just a few days after the Points system went online last year, so I was forced into the program. I can confirm that you can buy add-ons straight from your balance even if you're on Points.

-xiv

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

On sale can be considered as:

“Bonus points” like 2x or 3x can be considered  as a sale as any points over 1x  can be considered as a gain/freebie. 

“Buying lower price add ons”  with points vs what the $ rewards customers have to pay, there are a few, if you have a need for, that you can keep your points for. 

“Redeeming $15 in points” will only add to your balance to pay for your services. And would be my preferred option after redeeming points for any needed, lower priced add ons. 

But you have have a good idea for PM to put the odd add on “on sale” for less points every now and then for points only customers. 

The only thing I did not review

......is there a points redemption for every add on?

......can points customers buy add ons from their balance....I would assume, yes

@whyveeare wrote:

@GiraffeHat ,

Or am I missing something here?  Do you still get the 3x points on the $15 that was redeemed?  Maybe others know.  I'm not on points, so not sure.

I'm very late to the party, but I didn't see this addressed. So, FWIW:

My understanding of the new points rewards is that you only get points on the actual amount paid by credit card or voucher.

So let's say your plan cost is $40. If you pay the full $40 by cc or voucher you get the 5% = 2  points (or 6 points if you are on the 3x points promo - I think the bonus 4 points are applied in a separate transaction in your "rewards account"). If you redeem 15 points = $15, your payment charged to your card or by voucher will only be $25, so you only get 1.25 points (or 3.75 points on the 3x promo).

So I'd support the statement that, if you intend to stay with Public Mobile for the full duration of the 3x promo and beyond, it is more beneficial to let the points accumulate.

The account the above experience is based on (not my own) was ported out of without ever buying add-ons by cc or vouchers, so I can't say with certainty how that influences points. (The account holder had enough points to redeem for the last 30 days of service - and a data add-on.)

ottawa
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I think they're too new to judge if there will be a redemption bonus. To compare, PCOptimum for example, the only benefit to accumulating is when SDM/Pharmaprix has an occasional redemption bonus (got a $140 Kobo for $100 of PCO one time). On Air Miles, Metro or Sobeys will sometimes have "redeem 95, get 25 back". Back when AM had good promotions like "shop at 7 stores", sometimes it required a redemption to qualify for a bonus.

But for PM, I'd be inclined to redeem when possible (or at least keep them within a month's fees, they don't accumulate that fast  :(.

GiraffeHat

That is very useful information, thank you! I'll keep it in mind if I ever travel or get close to going over my data. 

whyveeare
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GiraffeHat , if you're still on the 3x points promo, I would wait until the promo is over to redeem points.  Better to pay for the service for now and let the 3x points build up.  Then redeem later.

Or am I missing something here?  Do you still get the 3x points on the $15 that was redeemed?  Maybe others know.  I'm not on points, so not sure.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@GiraffeHat   I doubt they will be on sale for bill credit

I suggest you to just redeem as you have enough points.   Some people suddenly decide to leave PM for another provider, those unclaim points would then be wasted.  That's why redeem as you have enough

However, if you are paying to buy add-on, remember, redemption addon using points is usually cheaper, could be around 33% cheaper than buying it with cash. So, this is the only time you will hold to points, if you are anticipating you need addons

GiraffeHat

Thanks again everyone for confirming that so far, there hasn't been any sales.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

I have never seen any sales for redeeming points for credits.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@GiraffeHat I haven't seen any promos on redemption, only the 3x points promo on getting points for new customers.  So I think it's safe to use the points as you accumulate them at this point.

GiraffeHat

That's a very good point worth giving, I certainly won't let them build up, but I'm just wondering if sales ever happen in the first place. 

Thank you for your comment, though.

@GiraffeHat wrote:

Yo my dudes, just wondering if there's reason to sit on them or should I just redeem any time I get $15 worth of points?

There's haven't been any redemption bonuses, but I can't speak to the future.  As of this moment, there has been any advantage to collecting a larger number of points, other than perhaps being able to purchase a more expensive add-on without needing to make a payment.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@GiraffeHat  I would just redeem them every time you have 15 points for the $15 off bill if you let them collect for to long and find a better plan some where’s else and decide to port . You will end up fore fitting the rewards entirely .. so best to use em before you end up losing them in that case 

Need Help? Let's chat.