cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discount

Yahyamehrabi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am writing to express my concerns about my recent mobile bill and to request a discount on my monthly service charges. As a loyal customer for the past year, I have always been satisfied with the quality of service I have received from your company. However, I have noticed a significant increase in my monthly bill, and I am finding it difficult to afford.

I understand that there may be a variety of reasons for the increase in my bill, but I am hoping that you can offer me a discount to help alleviate this financial burden. I have always been prompt in paying my bills, and I am hoping that you can recognize my loyalty and commitment as a customer.

If I do not receive a discount on my monthly service charges, I am afraid that I may be forced to consider switching to a different mobile service provider. I do not want to leave, as I have been happy with your service, but I need to be able to afford my monthly bills.

I would greatly appreciate your consideration of my request and your prompt response. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Best regards,
20 REPLIES 20

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yahyamehrabi 

Ah yes....the $10 50/50 legacy plan now 30% more as the unlucky $13 plan. It's no longer the good value it once was with only 50 texts and 50 calling minutes. The $15 plan has better value now but you can reduce the monthly payment with rewards. If you squeaked in and activated before January 25th 2022 and have a $$ rewards account then you can see your bill reduced by rewards every time you renew....$2 autopay and now $1 loyalty. Then you have refer-a-friend and community rewards.

Point rewards are not quite as lucrative for the sub-$40 plans with the $2 autopay reward changing to 5% back on payments and loyalty to 10 anniversary points per year.  But the value of community rewards and referral rewards are the same. It's easy enough to earn 1pt/$1 or 2pts/$2 learning, asking questions, reading, bravoing, searching, helping, posting in the community.

The more you learn the more you can help and more importantly the easier it is to refer friends and family as you can explain how public mobile works. The discount isn't automatic every month you have to save up 15pts for a $15 bill credit.....it still more than anywhere else.

jlfetsch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently switched to Public Mobile after thoroughly researching all the carriers offered here (Alberta). Honestly you won't find cheaper than this. No carriers offer less than $15 plans, which is what I have now. If you're looking for cheaper, it doesn't exist, unless you can refer people to Public using your discount code.

@Yahyamehrabi wrote:

How can I add to helping services and get 20$ per month. 

You CANNOT 'get' $20/30 days. This is reserved for Oracles.

Max you can get credit of $15 but it will require vast knowledge of Public Mobile system, plans, etc. and almost 24/7 on-line presence in Community to answer customers' questions AND receive Bravos for your service.

As someone said a while ago, you can earn more collecting bottles on recycling days than hoping for getting $15 here.

@Yahyamehrabi wrote:

Hi, my plan is  15$ . How can I get 10$ plan

There is no such $10 plan. It used to be but price has been increased to $13.

You have the Cheapest possible plan. If you signed before 2022 you should be on old rewards ($) and in 5 years your plan WILL BE $10.

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Yahyamehrabi wrote:

@Yahyamehrabi 

Community rewards are awarded based on your contribution (time spent on community forums) measured by thumbs up/messages/solutions you receive.

*+*

answers, questions you need to receive community rewards.

*+*

Spend time reading posts, asking questions and responding when you know you can help and you will likely be rewarded,

*+*

Once a month, Public Mobile will review its statistics and reward customers who have contributed in the Get Help section of the community forum. These figures/statistics are reviewed monthly as new data.

*+*

Public Points (1-20 points) labeled as "Give Back" here for more information: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/Public-Points-Rewards

How to Use the Public Mobile Community - Community

@Yahyamehrabi wrote:

How can I add to help services and get 20$ per month? 

@Yahyamehrabi   for community rewards, most customers can get $1, $2, $5, $10 or $15 based on their community participation.  There is another Community rewards for $20 but that is only for Oracles, which is a selected  group of community members helping PM to manage the Community

To get the community rewards, just come here a lot and help out others.  Reply posts that you have an answers and bravos great posts  🙂

@Yahyamehrabi 

That requires not only an inordinate amount of time and knowledge, but also a special invite by Public Mobile, or an Oracle offering.

Unless you're prepared to spend hours per day building up your resume (so to speak), this option may not be a suitable goal in the short-term.

Perhaps try to refer some folks here you may know looking to switch and if you're interested, read up on posts and learn about how you might lend a helping hand around here.

It's really a labor of love and not for everyone.

Yahyamehrabi

@Yahyamehrabi wrote:

@Yahyamehrabi   the $15 plan has been $15 for some time and no price hike on that particular plan.

Any chance you changed the rewards to the new Public Points?  Unless you changed to public points, there is no reason you are paying more, you should not be seeing " significant increase in my monthly bill"

But if you have changed to Public points, sorry, there is no way of going back to the old rewards system  😞

Yahyamehrabi

How can I add to help services and get 20$ per month? 

LoveNature

@Yahyamehrabi wrote:

That old plan $10 is no longer available. The $15 plan is the least costly currently.as mention @hairbag1  ✔️

@Yahyamehrabi 

please can you provide the details of your plan is get increase how?

maybe your account get suspended before for non payment or missing and the loyal customer rewards discount or other rewards is won't applied to you account and that way you see the bill is increase..

@Yahyamehrabi 

you just sent me a private message with text saying "I want to quit". If you wanna quit, you can just stop paying your next renewal...90 days later, your account is closed down permanently.

Alternative is to go to a different cell provider, start an account there, then port your cell number to new account. Your PM account will be closed as soon as you successfully port away from PM.

(Make sure to disable Autopay on your account first)

We'll be here when you come back to PM.

added...

if you've been here for a year, on the $15 plan...you haven't had a cost increase at all. Matter of fact, with the More is Merrier free gift of 2GB data and Int'l talk...you got gifts that no other provider has given out.

My advise...just stay !

@Yahyamehrabi 

The old $10 plan has been unavailable for quite some time.   You won't be able to get it as support staff cannot even select it to offer.

Your best bet is to ensure you can maximize credits (either dollars if on the old reward system, or points if on the new rewards system called Public Points).

This is done with a variety of methods:

1. if you can refer anyone to Public Mobile, you'll save the equivalent of $1 per 30-day cycle.   Your referral code is on the self-serve landing page.   Provide it to prospective folks you may know looking to switch here.
  2. if you stay with Public Mobile for a year, you also will save based on years of loyalty.   This will save you at least an additional $1 each cycle (dependent on reward plan you are on)
  3. if you can be active on this community by helping out others by answering questions, bravo'ing others, getting bravos, and just general posting on information, you can save anywhere from the equivalent of $1 - $15 per cycle.   Bear in mind, however, getting any more than $5 per cycle requires a daily commitment of at least an hour and some spend HOURS per day to reach the $15 mark.   (yeah, we're crazy - let's not go there...)

Anyway, hope this has helped in some way.   

😊

@Yahyamehrabi  $10 plan doesn’t exist anymore but if your on points like @hairbag1  mentioned check your rewards portal 15 points and get $15 off your bill 

Sign in to rewards portal view catalog

Handy1_0-1675900958789.jpeg

@Yahyamehrabi wrote:

That plan is no longer available. The $15 plan is the least costly currently.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Yahyamehrabi 

no point in threatening to migrate to a cheaper cell provider...PM is as inexpensive as you can get. There has been no significant increase in any of the current plans without you first being notified of the slight increase.

Are you getting Rewards or Points ? If you activated your account after January 2022, you're likely getting Points.

I suggest you log in your account on a laptop (using incognito mode) and look around your account to see which plan you currently have, which plans are attractive and also look at your Points to see if they can be used to lower your cost.

PM is a DIY type of operation...if you need answers, come here to the PM Community Forum, 24/7, and we can provide answers or further guidance.

If you really wanna leave PM, make sure to do your comparisons ahead of time...there's many customers here have returned after leaving for "better deals".  HINT:, there are no better deals than PM currently.

Yahyamehrabi

LoveNature

Hi @Yahyamehrabi 

are you have plan with $10 if yes, then is that plan only get increase by $3 and all customer has that plan is getting increase, not just to you.
other plans not increase any.

just check your plan and public mobile prepaid service for 30 days, not monthly..

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Yahyamehrabi you are writing to the community  which are just customers like you.  You can open a ticket with PM support instead

However, as far as I know, they won't offer discount like that.  Also, which plan tiu have  ?  Other than the $10 plan, there wer no proce increase with other plans lately

To open ticket with PM :

1. Please open ticket via Chatbot (need access to My Account): At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you have trouble with Chatbot or you don't have access to My Account: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Yahyamehrabi  We are just customers like you , if you want to talk to support here’s the links … but PM is pre paid service so the discount is typically the plan itself as there already low cost plans I’m my opinion 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.