cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappeared Solutions

Zyl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@J_PM:   Three of my earned solutions from yesterday have since disappeared, two on posts about erroneous emails informing customers of switching to public points system that have since been moved and integrated into this one thread created since then.  One from a previous post regarding "Call Control".  I have earned total of five solutions as of yesterday; I have the emails sent by Public Mobile to prove it.  I have already received a badge for having three accepted solutions and now I only have two solutions registered under my profile.  

This is the second time that I have lost bravo's and solutions, recognitions that I feel I have received for my efforts and my work due to posts being moved to other threads.  Previously for reasons still unknown, some of the replies of mine were moved from one thread to another duplicate thread created under exactly the same name in "The Lounge" that does not reward bravo's anymore and as a result, I lost bravo's on two of my replies.  And now I lost three of my solutions just because again threads and replies were moved.  We worked very hard trying to answer a flood of threads created from discontent customers who received emails erroneously sent to them as well as netowork outages in three provinces in a very timely manner and remained professional and calm amidst all the chaos created by two crises situation.  Of course we are doing this out of our passion to help others in need and appreciate Public Mobile rewarding us with dollar awards but I feel taking away solutions that were bestowed upon us by other fellow customers just leaves us much disappointed especially that solutions I feel were hard-earned in particularly challenging situations.  And as I have suggested earlier, any actions that will directly impact our payment cost to Public Mobile's products/services should be undertaken by Public Mobile personnel ONLY and not by other customers just like us.  I thought with the elimination of multiple categories in all the boards, there should be no more need to move threads and posts around which creates tremendous confusion as well as disruption of conversation flow of topics and significantly reduces the integrity of the community forum.  So I am quite puzzled why this is still going on.  And in moving and aggregating threads and posts/replies, bravo'es and solutions are not preserved at all.  

I hope this situation can be rectified as soon as possible with my solutions restored.  Thank you.    

26 REPLIES 26

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl : That can happen when threads get merged. I think a lot of those created threads were merged into one giant thread. Bravos might drop if a thread or parts thereof are dumped down to the lounge. Otherwise, they shouldn't go anywhere after a merge. Maybe that's a start to answering the mystery.

Edit: and then I read the whole essay. 🙂

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl   Lol...you're not alone, I also lost my solution except I wasn't surprised that  happened since merging of the same/similar queries around the new points rewards was to be expected, also this has happened many times in the past. 

Main thing is you informed other customers why they were getting these emails.  😊

Edit:  Your bravos shouldn't be affected though unless the thread was moved to the Lounge.

Edit 2:  Just noticed bravos are back in the Lounge...wonder if they've finally decided to actually weight them against the Get Help posts.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl  - Welcome to the Community (and I say that knowing you are not brand new here) !

Organizing the posts and threads and topics, I imagine, is no easy feat. Oracles do the best they can, with what they are given, to fulfill their tasks.

Roll with the punches; you will notice you 'win' some you 'lose' some - happens to all of us.  🙂

Zyl

@z10user4 wrote:

@Zyl : That can happen when threads get merged. I think a lot of those created threads were merged into one giant thread. Bravos might drop if a thread or parts thereof are dumped down to the lounge. Otherwise, they shouldn't go anywhere after a merge. Maybe that's a start to answering the mystery.

Edit: and then I read the whole essay. 🙂

Yeah that's not right.  That's the point.  You want to move and merge threads, that's fine if they really want to do it from an administrative point of view but our bravo's and solutions shouldn't be lost as a result of that.  Replies/posts shouldn't be moved to The Lounge under duplicate threads at all.  Duplicate threads shouldn't be created under any circumstances, imo.  Another issue with this is that the bravo's and solutions all impact the community reward that we receive, that's impacting us financially and anything to do with that should be done by Public Mobile personnel, not by another group of customers just like us otherwise it's not fair.  With what's been done here is like you going to a grocery store and force other customers to pay $3 for a bag of apples when you only pay $1 for the same bag of apples just by switching bags of apples around.  

For the threads about points, I merged all of them as being duplicates. All of these threads were asking all the same thing.  By combining them, this not only helps from an oranizationinal aspect, but it also helps the people who were askng the questions. This also helps anyone particiipating in the threads to be pointed towards the official company response.  

Zyl

@dabr  @esjliv I honestly don't mind bravo's being taken away in The Lounge tbh so Public Mobile doesn't reward us for chitchatting if they don't think it's worth it for their business.  Ultimately it's Public Mobile's business decision and their choice.  And I certainly don't mind posts/replies and threads being moved around except that they really destroy the flow of information and reduce the quality of the forum imo but again, it's Public Mobile's business and preference so I have nothing against Oracles for doing that. 

My point is whenever something that impacts our cost, our financial well-being, our $$ shouldn't be done by another group of customers and should be done by Public Mobile personnel.  I wouldn't care at all if bravo's and solutions don't get impacted when these threads/posts/replies are moved and merged or bravo's and solutions when they get impacted don't get counted towards the calculation of our community rewards.  I am only raising an issue here because our financial well-being, our cost that we pay here are getting impacted as a result of these moves and merges of these threads/posts/replies.  And anything that impacts our cost should be undertaken by Public Mobile and no one else because it's their business and it's their business decision.  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Zyl 

As much as I fight tooth and nail with the oracles over moved threads in this case it's the appropriate action especially with the new community forum set up. Having to scroll thru 10 or 20 thread topics all asking the same question makes it much more difficult for other customers with other issues to have the community help them.

The community's new layout contributes to this issue in that one main thread or announcement doesn't stand out on its own when the subsections of latest solutions, latest topics and latest replies all gave you the top 5 latest posts in those sections. So it was easier for infrequent members to find the official announcement or the first main thread created by first member affected by a large system issue.

Yes the loss of solutions is a bummer....so are the 20 or 30 solutions I get everyday in that latest notifications box on the landing page. At least one of them usually ends up being correct per day. And the fact that I found out its just @Luddite  messing with my head and its not the halcyon makes me feel a lot better!😃

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

Zyl

@computergeek541 wrote:

For the threads about points, I merged all of them as being duplicates. All of these threads were asking all the same thing.  By combining them, this not only helps from an oranizationinal aspect, but it also helps the people who were askng the questions. This also helps anyone particiipating in the threads to be pointed towards the official company response.  

@computergeek541 

I have no problem with that but as a result, we lost solutions that were given to us by our fellow customers thanking us for our efforts and time.   And since solutions do count towards the calculation of our community rewards which directly impact our dollar cost for our payment here, I didn't think it was fair to have lost them due to the organizational efforts which I am sure was fully authorized by Public Mobile.  That's the crux of the issue here.  So since it's Public Mobile that has fully authorized these merging and moving of posts/replies/threads, I have asked Public Mobile via @Jade_S to see if they can restore the solutions that we have lost.  We shouldn't have to lose our solutions and in turn our community rewards dollars due to the merging of replies/threads/posts, imo.  

Thanks  

Zyl

@darlicious   That's my point.  I don't mind the moving and the merging of the posts/replies/threads but our solutions and bravo's shouldn't be lost as a result of it.  And two, if the solutions and bravo's are going to be impacted, then this action should be undertaken by Public Mobile's personnel because it's their business decision.  And it shouldn't be undertaken by other customers even if it's authorized by Public Mobile.  That's what I am saying.