cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Didnt sign up but i received confirm email with my new number

Jordanclark1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

There is no customer service support.  I just want to find out why my email is being used for someone elses accounr.

31 REPLIES 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jordanclark1 : Did you get that number in the welcome email?

Another piece of information is that the account number of the account is embedded in the To: It starts with 1 and a bunch of zeros and then more numbers. That would also help the CSA's....if you're willing to help at all.

barrascuk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Then its a closed case. 

@barrascuk   I think OP has only the last 4 digits of the phone number

Honest, I don't think there is anything else for OP to do.  

PM will work with the line owner to change the email address.  They won't make the change by just talking to OP.  

Jordanclark1

The number is xxx-xxx-7231 or something.  Dont have it all or I would 

barrascuk

@hTideGnow wrote:

@Jordanclark1   On hold as you are calling a phone number and on hold?

or just meant you are waiting in the Community?  You don't have to wait.  I guess you have done what you need to.  Tell them the email address used was wrong.  I don't think there is much else you can do.

OR.....call the number that they confirmed with you and let the person know. They have to change their email with a CSR themselves. And THAT person may not even know and also may not know they should have expected that confirmation email. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@barrascuk : Which is why I suggested earlier for them to keep a close watch on their financials.

We still don't know how much of his identity is being used here. The welcome email has his email address and deducing from that probably his name. There could be many Jordan Clarks in Canada. Maybe one of them uses a numbering scheme for their emails. Maybe that one signed up here.

But nor do we know for a fact that jordanclark1 is made of his name.

So I say watch the money. This place shouldn't matter as there is no credit or debt here.

barrascuk

@Jordanclark1 wrote:

Its been several hours and im still on hold here...

Here? At Public Mobile?  nada

@Jordanclark1   On hold as you are calling a phone number and on hold?

or just meant you are waiting in the Community?  You don't have to wait.  I guess you have done what you need to.  Tell them the email address used was wrong.  I don't think there is much else you can do.

Jordanclark1

Its been several hours and im still on hold here...

Jordanclark1

barrascuk

But @Jordanclark1 may feel he is being scammed or financially committed to something and wants to clear his identity "away" from any obligations. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jordanclark1 : In your case you will obviously need to use the private messaging method mentioned earlier.

But I'm also kinda with softech here that you likely don't need to do anything. This is likely a typo. So all you would be doing, if you so wish, is informing the company that an account seems to have a mis-typed email address. That would be mighty neighbourly of you but I would say not necessary. You could block/unsubscribe to any more emails if you like. The actual correct customer will figure it out eventually and get the email address changed if they haven't already. The account shows the registered email address. They might have logged in and saw the typo and already asked for the change.

barrascuk

But your are ok to be on hold for an hour to talk to a live agent?

Jordanclark1

I can believe that this support could be helpful if i was a paying customer with real issues with the product.  Having to seek assistance through a public forum and not being able to speak or discuss this with anyone with accountability is problematic (for those of us with issues with this company and cannot be verified as paying customers).  Their website asks me to contact the commission of complaints for telecom services if im not able to submit a ticket

barrascuk

@Jordanclark1 wrote:

Ya there is no way for me to talk to anyone directly apparently.  Thanks ill send that message.  Will be letting everyone know how bad this customer support is.

You might want to hang around here a little longer. You will find that customer support is not all that bad. And I would say that a lot of the issues are self imposed and as well a lot of issues are resolved here, in the Community by the Community. And when you do have to contact a CSA my experiences have been very good and no loss of service. 

@Jordanclark1   I wouldn't do anything more myself.   It is very common people fill in the wrong email address.   In this particular case, you didn't loss anything.  You can just leave it.   

You have done a great job in notifying the PM Customer Support about this and you can leave it with them to contact the owner of the number.

Jordanclark1

I doubt it. The person only purchased 100 minutes of prepaid time using some voucher.

@Jordanclark1 wrote:

Ya i got the message that its paid for.  I only have the last 4 digits of the phone number.  Its very likely that its just a typo.  But i cant access support (cant submit a ticket without a pin or whatever)

I have messaged an agent but no response

In that case, we could very well see the true owner turn up in this forum asking for help to get into his/her account! 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jordanclark1 

i hope they fix it for you as soon as possible,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

Jordanclark1

Ya i got the message that its paid for.  I only have the last 4 digits of the phone number.  Its very likely that its just a typo.  But i cant access support (cant submit a ticket without a pin or whatever)

I have messaged an agent but no response

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jordanclark1 wrote:

You dont get it.  This isnt spam.  Someone set up a new account with my identity.

@Jordanclark1 

you hae to Contact Customer Support Agent by  , Explain your issue
they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your account number, 
  • your phone number,
  • your account 4 digit pin,
  • your Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
    Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jordanclark1 : How much of the email other than email address is you? All I see from a welcome email from a couple years ago is first name.

And with your username, maybe you put your name out in many places. Are you jordanclark1@gmail.com or some such thing? Don't answer.

I agree with changing your email access password. I would keep a close eye out on your credit cards and financial logins. But I also agree that this was a typo from someone and that they didn't get that email.

@Jordanclark1 wrote:

You dont get it.  This isnt spam.  Someone set up a new account with my identity.

Did you get email saying 'Plan Purchase Confirmation'?

PM account cannot be active unless it is paid for.

If you got that message that means somebody has access to your email. Change password immediately for starters ans contact PM CSR to clarify. It will take some time but CSR will help you out.

Jordanclark1

You dont get it.  This isnt spam.  Someone set up a new account with my email.

Jordanclark1

Actually i have no way to get support without being a paying customer.  I didnt sign up. I can see if you want a discount service go ahead.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Jordanclark1 wrote:

I just want to find out why my email is being used for someone elses accounr.

And I would like to know WHY I am getting spam in my mail box (not PM) every day when I never gave my email to spammers. Why I am offered dating services, pills, get quick schemes, etc.....?

Even if PM had customer support how on earth they would be able to answer your question?

@Jordanclark1 wrote:

Ya there is no way for me to talk to anyone directly apparently.  Thanks ill send that message.  Will be letting everyone know how bad this customer support is.

This is NOT bad provider nor its support is bad.

It is clearly stated on PM site that there is NO live customer support, period. That is why prices are low and reasonable with excellent coverage and service. You cannot have it both.

'Customer support' is provided by customers (volunteers) logging in to Community. Such support from my experience so far is SUPERB! and rivals best live support.

Account/billing issues are handled by CSR through email which is acceptable to me.

It is very unfair to call PM support bad as buying knowingly cheap car and later bitching it is missing all kind of features comparing to $70K car.

@Jordanclark1 wrote:

@Jordanclark1 

There is customer service here but it goes via messaging.    

PM is a Tier 3 operator and it takes a different support model. In return, customers get slightly cheaper plan to offset the different support model.   It might not be a model that suits everyone but I think it is unfair to say it is  "bad" customer support just because the model is not what you are used to

Jordanclark1

Ya there is no way for me to talk to anyone directly apparently.  Thanks ill send that message.

Jordanclark1

Need Help? Let's chat.