cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did not receive authorization text

alexpd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I activated my sim card online yesterday and wanted to transfer my number from my old carrier. I did not receive an authorization text and I still have service from my old carrier. How do I confirm if the request/porting went through? I am switching from Telus. 

Many thanks.

9 REPLIES 9

@Shirleytat 

sent

Shirleytat

I’m also having this problem, is there a number to call?

BiancaK1

I have a very similar issue. Can u message me the number also?

@alexpd there is a porting Support team you can call and Talk to live support.  I will message you the number.   Please check your Community Inbox,  envelope icon on top right

alexpd

Yes, I left the SIM in and waited but never received a text. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you keep OLD SIM in your phone? After requesting porting old SIM has to stay in the phone to receive SMS from OLD provider.

To resubmit port request call number provided by @dabr  or contact agent.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@alexpd 

Did you leave your Telus SIM I your phone while waiting for the text? There is a 90 minute window for you to reply to the text.

If you missed this step or didn’t reply in time.

You will need to contact a CS_Agent by typing in create a ticket on SIMon Chatbot or private message them on this Community.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@alexpd   If you missed the transfer text and were unable to respond with a YES within the 90 minutes window, then you to ask the old provider to resend the transfer text.  Keep that account active until the number transfer is complete.  I'll private message the Telus porting # (check message box top right) for you to call and request the transfer request be resubmitted.

Timer
Mayor / Maire

@alexpd 

contact to support team by CS_Agent 

Need Help? Let's chat.