cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data unavailable

jweatherson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I typically use a small amount of data. While travelling across Canada I used more, so I added more. Now in Nova Scotia and even where cell service is good( which is not always on the Fundy Shore) my data is not working. It is difficult when in a city and trying to access information. 

11 REPLIES 11

@jweatherson - weak signal or temporary blimp in signal ??

I don't suppose you have another phone you could test your SIM card into? This could rule out a device issue.

Try performing a reset of the device's network settings, maybe that will put signals back into place.

jweatherson

Thank you I will check that. The cell coverage I understand. The problem occurs when I do go to a place with good coverage and try to use my data 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@jweatherson 

Some areas of Nova Scotia have large gaps of coverage for any cell service. If you are in a rural area with a sparse population maintaining a data connection for usuable service may be difficult. Check your signal strength when in 3G only and on 4G LTE/3G/2G (autoconnect) to see if one is better than the other.

Go to Settings>>About phone>>SIM card status>> Signal strength>> -50dBm to -95dBm you should have service -96dBm to -109dBm is problematic. -110dBm is pretty much unusable.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

jweatherson

Thank you. I will try that. 

@jweatherson    Try rebooting the phone, or toggling airplane mode on/off.  Another thing to try is to remove the SIM and after couple of minutes reinsert and reboot phone.

edit:  BTW, it sounds like you still have plenty of your plan data left and have only used a nominal amount from it, so your usage will come from that first before going to any gifted or purchased data.

jweatherson
  • Did that

jweatherson

Data is turned on

jweatherson

I have 1G add on and 1G promo showing and that I’ve used 1592 out 2048 MB used out of the one time 2G bonus and I have 4.168 used of 1204MB from 500MB + 500MB at 3G Speed

Yes I prepaid to get the extra data. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @jweatherson   Did you check My Account?  Does it show any data in your My Data Add-ons?  If there is no such line, either the data are now used up or you didn't buy the add-on.   

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@jweatherson   Just to clarify you do see the add-on data that you purchased under My Data/Add-ons in your overview page for the self serve account?  Purchasing add-ons requires that you add funds and then back to the add-on page to buy the add-on.  If you didn't take the second step, then log into your account now and purchase the data add-on if you see the funds sitting your account. 

It's always a good idea to reboot the phone afterwards too.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@jweatherson 

You might have check already buy check to see if your Data is turned on in your Cellular Network.

Need Help? Let's chat.