cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data says all used but when I check on my account it hasn't been used

MoniConi27
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I keep getting text messages that I've used 75%, 95%, 100%, etc. of my data but I actually haven't used anywhere near my total amount.  I've logged in to my account and checked.  I've used less than a quarter of my data but it keeps shutting off because it says I've used all of my data.  This happens month after month.  Last time I informed Public Mobile about it, they reset the data for the month but haven't actually fixed the problem because it continues to happen.  I need someone to FIX THIS PROBLEM moving forward, not just for one month.  Please have someone who works at the company (not a community person) contact me directly to fix the problem.

22 REPLIES 22

@Josette 

The CSA's are pretty understanding with mistakes as we are with them and will swap add ons and/or credit your account. It sounds like all you needed is the $5/500min Canada wide calling add on for your immediate needs.

But did you get the text from 4911 asking you to reply YES for the free pm holiday gifts? They include a 2gb data add on and 500 international long distance calling minutes that can also be used for calling across Canada or to the US if you don't call internationally commonly. If you have not recieved these gifts ask the CSA to add them to your account.

Installing textnow or the fongo app for calling while on wifi or when using mobile data (0.5mb=1min/250mb=500min) is a great way to save outgoing calling minutes to voicemail or numbers that you get put on hold for long periods rather than burn through your outgoing minutes trying to get hair appointment or get your mechanic on the phone.

@Josette wrote:

Hi:

I used up all my minutes and purchased the wrong add-on thinking it would top up.  There is no retail store here. What can I do to have access to the phone again?  I have 8 d before my automatic payment.

Thank you 

@Josette   PM is prepaid service and usually do not refund. 

However, they are usually very understand in cases like this, an honest mistake.  Very likely they will help to switch the unused Add-on or refund the money back onto your account.

Open a ticket with PM Support:

1. For faster response (2-48 hours), Click on the bubble in the lower right to request CS Agent assistance, or use this direct link: https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start with typing "Submit a ticket", click "Contact Us", click "Other" from the choices, click "Click here to submit a ticket". Then follow to complete the ticket submission.

2. Or you can Send a private message to the CS Agent here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox, envelope on the top right, after ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply and work with you  via messaging there

Josette
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi:

I used up all my minutes and purchased the wrong add-on thinking it would top up.  There is no retail store here. What can I do to have access to the phone again?  I have 8 d before my automatic payment.

Thank you 

@edm2021 

Thank you for having the screenshot removed. Whether or not your port has completed it sounds as though your sim card did not provision correctly upon activation. To compound this problem it appears your CSA has disappeared and no one has taken over your ticket. If you still have not had a reply open a new ticket to get a new CSA to address your issues. You should have a reply within an hour.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech wrote:

@edm2021 wrote:

public mobile is a scam , they sell you SIM buy never activate account ! 

check the screenshot below , 

It has been more than 36 hrs of transfering account but CS-Agent has not being able to resolve porting issue , Now I am not getting any response from them as well . Moving to other company 

Edit:  removed photo with personal information

activate account and porting are 2 different issues  🙂

can you make outgoing calls ? can you use data?  is your phone showing it is connected to PM?  If yes, then your account is activated

in terms of porting? where are you porting from (trying to read form your screenshot in your profile  but the quality is low  🙂 )   and your service from the old provider still working?  

From the screenshot its from Telus to here

@edm2021 wrote:

It has been more than 36 hrs of transfering account but CS-Agent has not being able to resolve porting issue , Now I am not getting any response from them as well . Moving to other company 

activate account and porting are 2 different issues  🙂

can you make outgoing calls ? can you use data?  is your phone showing it is connected to PM?  If yes, then your account is activated

in terms of porting? where are you porting from (trying to read form your screenshot in your profile  but the quality is low  🙂 )   and your service from the old provider still working?  

darkomega

@darlicious wrote:

@darkomega 

Aside from the obvious need for removal has any actually properly advised this Customer?

Honestly, you were the first, when they posted in the holiday miracle thread they only got advice from people, and I didn't see any oracles on at that time of the day so I never tagged them, but the thread was split and moved, then you tagged them in the other that was split and moved as well, so I assume that they are aware but haven't edited it yet.

Edit: sorry if that sounded jumbled.

@darkomega 

Aside from the obvious need for removal has any actually properly advised this Customer?

darkomega

@darlicious they posted that image in a couple of threads that got moved, so the oracles are aware of the image.

@edm2021 

We can help you solve your issue but you must edit your post.

@edm2021 

Please edit your screenshot by deleting it from your post and from your photo library in your community profile asap. You can edit your post by clicking on the 3 dots at the top right corner of your post. This is for your security.

@Dunkman  @computergeek541 

Please edit asap. thx

edm2021

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoniConi27 : I wonder if you've been slowly consuming add-on data in that as you use plan data, you bump on the warning threshold earlier and earlier. Maybe now all you have is plan data.

Are those warnings coming from 611?

Which is why I suggested a look at your overview page. But you only seem interested in dealing with the CSA's so here we are.

CS_Agent
Customer Support Agent

Thanks for bringing this into our attention and submit the ticket.

Our colleagues from the moderator team will help you to check more details about this.

Have a great day!

-Public Mobile Team.

MoniConi27

Thanks.  I've opened a ticket instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MoniConi27 : Maybe post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.

@MoniConi27 but what does it shows on My Account , Overview Tab, My Data & Addon?  you still see a line there showing the data? or the Data line is gone?  usually if it is gone, then data are used.  If you see a line still showing you have data and you cannot use it, then it is a problem

MoniConi27

It is totally affecting my data usage.  It shuts off at 100% every time.  I think I managed to open a ticket.  Thanks

@MoniConi27   if it is just text message and not affecting your data use, you can ignore.  It is known that these message sometimes is not accurate.

Check My Account and see how much data left .. and see if you can use them

MoniConi27

It is text messages that I am getting from Public Mobile itself that are saying I have used 100% of the data but that is not the case.

Any idea how to open a ticket?  I can't figure out how I managed to do it last time.  I did find my last ticket and replied to it but I'm not sure if that will actually work.  Thanks for you help.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MoniConi27  are you using Android?  If so, Any chance you have setup Data Limit and manybe it  stopped your data usage on the device level as you hit the limit on the device own data counter?  Since PM is using 30 days cycle but phone uses monthly, a data limit setup might mess up the data usage  unless you reset the cycle start date manually every cycle

if you are certain it is not an issue on the device level, I suggest you to open another ticket again with PM , except this time stand firm to ask them to look into the root cause and not just fix it one time.  Let us know how it turns out

Need Help? Let's chat.