cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data on iPhones

MyzMc
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've now added 3 different iphones to PM and each of them required something different to get data working.  I summarize here to hopefully help others in similar situations.

1. iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2, Telus Locked
  2. iPhone 4s, iOS 9.3.5 (might have been iOS 8.X initially), Unlocked
  3. iPhone 6s, iOS 10.1.1, Telus Locked
    • APN settings not viewable in Cellular Data Network
    • APN settings automatically updated (not viewable) when using PM sim card.  Did not have to do anything to get data working.

7 REPLIES 7

MyzMc

@Eug No I didn't try resetting the network settings on the phone.  As for the reboot, since I turned off the phone to switch the sim card, I assume that is considered a reboot.  Thanks for the comment.

@Luddite You are probably right.  The unlockit.co.nz method would probably be required for iOS 7 regardless of phone.  I was kind of making assumption that everyone is using the latest supported iOS for their phone.

@jdodd1079 I had similar issue with phone 2 which is why I needed to fill them in myself.

@caleblee123 Sounds like you have a different problem (incomplete port?).  Everything I mention about data was after the fact that incoming/outgoing/text already working.

Eug
OP, for the iPhone 4S that didn't initially work (phone number 2), did you try resetting the network settings and then rebooting?

This will delete the APN profile and it should repopulate normally automatically with the Public Mobile SIM.

caleblee123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Does anyone have the issue with no incoming or outgoing calls and Data not working? I registered two days ago and its still not fixed 😕 Im using an iphone6 and i was with WIND before switching over

jdodd1079
My husband's was showing Koodo in the APN settings with his IPhone5, My iPhone 6 worked out fine!

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@MyzMc Slight modification: access unlockit.co.nz from Safari with phone connected on wifi.

Also I understand the issue is iOS 7 not specifically iPhone 4. So a 4s running iOS 7 has the same difficulty.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

oilblue99
Keeping the data ball rolling:

Same results as @AlfredF switching to a PM SIM in the last few weeks for both unlocked 6 Plus and SE (no changes were required; APN setting for hotspot is visible).

AlfredF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

To add to your datapoints:

I have an unlocked iPhone 7.  The only visible APN setting is for Personal Hotspot, but I did not have to change anything to get data working.

Need Help? Let's chat.