cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account shows activated but not ported due to incorrect password of Previous carrier.

amills
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was a primary account holder at Rogers.  I have ported my number over successfully to PM.  I have tried to port over 2 account numbers that was attached to my Rogers account.  The latter mentioned account numbers was activated correctly but the porting did not go through as I apparently needed to put in my Rogers account pin rather than their respective pins.  So it looks like their accounts are not getting ported over.

I have contacted the rep and still waiting for a response so I thought I would write the question here.

Is there any way to redo the porting or change the pin to a correct one?

Thanks,

Alex

6 REPLIES 6

amills

Day 3 with no reponse from anyone on communcity emails/posts/Twitter.  My sister's 3 kids cannot contact their mother presently should there be an emergency.  I recommended many people to PM and all of them can't receive calls.  They are also paying for service at the previous carrier and Public Mobile simulataneously because it's activated at PM and not ported out of Rogers.

I respect that PM's personnel is extremely busy and essentially it's not their fault but the leaders who put out this promotion should have hired additional staff to help them.  That would be the logical thing.

This is getting tiring.  I have no words.

mohammedessam
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Contact a mod or contact PM on twitter
They replied to my question about an hour ago on twitter

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Make sure you contact public mobile. Either PM a mod or use the contact us page

amills

Yes, my own account went through just fine however the 2 sub accounts didn't.  I used my IMEI number for mine and for somereason used the pin the others.  Obviously a big mistake.

I just tried to redo it by selecting the "Change your number option" and it gave me this error message

"We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance."

*sigh* This is not good if I have to wait 10 days or something.

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

You can try it again but I have a feeling you will get an error.  You will probably ahve to wait for someone at Public Mobile to fix the issue for you.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

When I ported over from Rogers I just gave the number I was porting and my Account number and had no issues at all.  You can try again the worst that can happen (I think) is that it would say not availalbe to transfer as it may already be in progress.  But that is just my thought not sure

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.