cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working, nothing showing under data and add ons tab, plan just renewed.

dnneufeldt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone has correct apn settings, shows the lte sign in the top bar, but I am not getting data. Chrome shows: you are unable to access the web because of one of the following reasons:
1)You've exhasted the data in your base plan
2) Your Base plan has expired

3)...

In my account nothing is shown under data for usage or remaining.

All searches have told me this means all the data is completely used up, however, the plan renewed and was auto-paid for three days ago (includes 6gb data over 90 days), and I have used none of it. the data usage recorder in the phone says 0mb used since Nov. 10.

I added extra funds incase the auto pay messed up (even though the bank statement confirms that payment was made and left my account)

How can this be resolved or explained?

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@justin_kp did the system show your add on 2 days ago when you added it? Purchasing the add-ons is a two-step process, and many people aren't aware of the 2nd part.  Please review here:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974/hig...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mimmo

@justin_kp what does your phone usage say for the last couple days?

Also remember you can ask mods to renew plan early instead of buying add-on.

But back to your issue of certain there was no accidental usage (system update wifi assist etc) contact the mods.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

justin_kp
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the same issue. I just bought a new 1GB add on 2 days ago, and today it shows I have no add ons and my data is not working at all. Can someone please follow up? And there was no way I used 1GB in 2 days. Thanks.

dnneufeldt

The glitch seems to have happened again. I can't see anything g in the data section, and I know I have not used up close to the data limit

Has it been 90 days since the plan has been expired?   If it has been, then you're going to need to contact the @CS_Agent via private message, using your inbox.  Your over 90 day account is deactivated, and the phone number *should be* now available in the pool of available numbers, for which ever carrier it came from originally. (IE if it was originally assigned by Bell, it would become a number available from Bell).

*IF* it is still not 90 days since expiry, you will still need to contact the Moderators via PM, and have them help you reactivate.  You'll need to provide as much account info as you can.

Good Luck.

Baljinder

when I returned back I straight awya purchaseda new prepaid voucher, but when I inserted d sim there are no signals ,then I realised its more then 3 months we were out of canada.

So my question is how do I get my same number activated as my kids school/ Doctors office ,its been  there records...secondly Is the prepaid voucher is waste now?

yushun

I am having the issue as well. On 3G.

I messaged the moderators, now awaiting response.

dnneufeldt

Indeed I am on a 3g plan, and it seems it was a data reset glitch. I messaged the moderators as you suggested and they fixed it for me.

srlawren

@will13am wouldn't that be something?!?!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@dnneufeldt just confirming what @will13am and @wetcoaster have said:  if your plan has "3G" speed data (if you're not sure, click here to learn how to tell), you were probably hit by the renewal bug.  Many of us were affected by this.  The bad news is they're still trying to figure out how to properly fix it, but the good news is the entire @CS_Agent knows the workaround, to reset your data usage manually.  Please reach out to them at the link provided in the previous responses.

I have a solution, simply get rid of the two tiered speed experiment and put everyone on the unthrottled service.

srlawren

@dnneufeldt just confirming what @will13am and @wetcoaster have said:  if your plan has "3G" speed data (if you're not sure, click here to learn how to tell), you were probably hit by the renewal bug.  Many of us were affected by this.  The bad news is they're still trying to figure out how to properly fix it, but the good news is the entire @CS_Agent knows the workaround, to reset your data usage manually.  Please reach out to them at the link provided in the previous responses.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This definitely sounds like the 3G speed data counter bug that continues to go unfixed.  @dnneufeldt, it is time to bargain for a data speed upgrade if they are unwilling to make the effort to fix this problem quickly. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Are you on a 3G plan? There have been reports of a data reset glitch. You need the help of the moderator team to get this sorted.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team, include all relevant information in your message, such as account number, phone number, detailed problem description.

More information on contacting the mods: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Need Help? Let's chat.