cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to tell data plan speed

I have been on PM since 2016 but wondering how I can tell what speed rate is my data plan detail.  It only said 12 GB.  It does not say if it is 3G or 4G LTE.  Can anybody tell me how to find out ?

Thanks.

Mayor / Maire

Re: How to tell data plan speed

If you joined in 2016, you will be using LTE. Also your phone will show in the status bar (LTE,3G, ect, ect)

Thanks for the quick resply.  Yes it shows on the phone but I was wondering why it does not say so on the plan detail.  

Oracle

the 3g (lte Slow) is a new feature.  I am sure if someone buys a new plan there will be a distinction an identifier stating LTE regural or LTE Slow.

Oracle

@mimmo wrote:

the 3g (lte Slow) is a new feature.  I am sure if someone buys a new plan there will be a distinction an identifier stating LTE regural or LTE Slow.

Sorry; there is no plan to change the network identifier. The only indicator will be the plan designation in one's account.

>>> ALERT: I AM NOT A MODERATOR. JE NE SUIS PAS MODERATEUR.
Oracle

@norstar, if this is something that you are worried about if it will change in the future you can always monitor it your self using www.speedtest.net  Great app for testing network speed

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *

Thanks to all for confirming that there is no way to tell in the plan detail that what rate plan I am on except from the phone connection.

Mayor / Maire

Yep pretty much by phone speed or by how much you paying for the plan Smiley Tongue
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Mayor / Maire

@xCameron94x
Good point about joining in 2016. Your other point though needs correcting, this new 3G plan is actually throttled LTE, not 3G, so the phone will still show LTE unfortunately. Speedtest would tell you of course Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Here's how you can tell.  Plans with 3G data show up this way in Plan Details in your self-serve account:

PlanDetails_3G.png

This image was taken from my "3G" test account.

Plans with full speed/4G data do not include that "at 3G Speed" part.  Here's my primary line (on 2016 Fall Promo plan) for comparison:

PlanDetails_FullSpeedData.png

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.