cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Status: Plan Expired and on AutoPay

deville
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on autopay and it is suppose to renew today. However, at the moment, the overview of my account shows it has expired and that my account is currently suspended. I phoned in to received a message that my account is suspended and that my next auto payment will be made tomorrow even though it is due today. How do I rectify this. I could add to my account but will I be charged first. Why did they not take my auto payment today? I can't talk to anyone as there is no one available at this time. Please, can someone help me with this?

7 REPLIES 7

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deville is everything back to normal this morning?  If so, ignore the rest of this reply.  If not, please do this:

You will need to click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • Detailed explanation

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

AutoPay doesn't take your money from your credit card / visa debit until early the following morning (Toronto Time).  In my mind, the Payment Due date, is actually the date you must submit voucher or manual payments to the system to ensure continuous service.

I checked via the 611 service, using the automated system - If you know your PIN, you can also do this.  It will tell you the next expected autopay date and time (I can't recall if they state timezone), but you will notice it is not the same date, but early the next morning.

This has seemed to change since I first joined Public Mobile.  I think originally, my payments were processed around 9:00 pm Toronto time.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This has nothing to do with Canada Trust.  It's a quirk of the self serve portal.  There are many, many quirks besides this one.

rhysem

You're not with Canada Trust are you? I had the same thing happen to me, and bank weirdness with EFT transfers is still happening.

deville

Well, it seems to be working right now, but I'm at home. It wasn't working a few hours ago when I was out and about which was a real hassel because I really needed the data at the time. Quite frustrating, to say the least. I was doing lots of cursing.;-)  I'm going to have faith that it will work in the morning when I have to leave home. However, I don't want this to happen again. As I said, I was pretty aggrevated.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Don't worry, this is a glitch in the system that displays errant information on renewal night.  Just sleep on it and everything will work out fine in the morning.  Auto pay will do its thing in the next few hours.  The account will show as active in the morning.  Just to confirm, the service is still working right now? 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@deville If services are working fine, then don't worry. This is a normal process where the renewal takes place at midnight and completes by the morning. So check back in the morning and if things aren't right, you can contact mod for help. 

Need Help? Let's chat.