cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working for 5 days

Balbindervb1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data has stopped working. I returned from the uk where I used a different SIM card. Once I got back to Canada I installed my PM sim and I can call out and recieved calls but nothing with data. Wifi works fine.

I took my phone in to a repair shop and they suggest I get a new sim . Should I go ahead and do that ?

11 REPLIES 11

Balbindervb1

Yes it was on the VPN screen

I’m not tech savvy at all but did finally stumble across it.

@Balbindervb1   we all happy to help  and glad you are back

Was that Vodafone sim setting on the VPN screen? or another screen?

Balbindervb1

I wanted to thank the community for all your helpful hints when I had problem with my data not working.

I finally figured out that the the old Vodafone SIM settings from the uk had not been deleted. 
ONCE I did that my phone is working perfectly !

MANY THANKS 

@Balbindervb1 - before replacing your SIM card, i'd get Public Mobile customer support agents to reset your account first. If that still fails maybe a new SIM Card...but if calls and texts are working, I don't think this is a SIM card issue.   Private Message to Public Mobile Customer Support Agents (CSA)

@Balbindervb1   did you check your VPN screen on your phone?  sometimes you need to delete the VPN profile left by the other sim card.

let us know what phone you have and we can direct you to the VPN screen

Also, are you able to use the voice and text and just not data? or the phone not connecting to PM network at all?

@Balbindervb1 

Try out your SIM in another phone and see if it works. If it doesn’t then contact a CS_Agent by private messaging…it could be a provisional issue with the SIM if there are no physical damage to the SIM.

Don't get another sim. What is the make and model of the phone? I wonder if you need to edit the APN settings. Or remove any APN's that the foreign service might have put in.

@Balbindervb1 

do you have a different phone to try that PM sim in ?

Balbindervb1

I followed the suggestions left by the community to reset the settings on my phone.

Still no luck. Should I go ahead and purchase a new sim. Or is this going to add to my grief?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Balbindervb1 - we are customers like you here, we cannot see your account. 

Log into My Account to ensure your data allotment is showing. Maybe log in through an incognito mode tab to avoid cache issues. You may also call 611 to check your data balance. 

If you have data left, then perform a reset of your device's network settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

If still issues, move your SIM card into another phone, see if data works. Whether it works or not, move the SIM back to your phone then see if it works.

If still issues, after all this contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, found here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Balbindervb1   since you used another sim on the phone, what you need to do is to click Reset All networks. (please note that  would also delete your saved Wifi, but you can add them back after).

Also, go to the VPN screen and make sure all VPN profiles are deleted, could have left over ones from the UK sim

of course, login My Account and make sure your account is active  🙂

Welcome back to Canada!!

Need Help? Let's chat.