Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data issues

katdesj
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

58 REPLIES 58

Well said @DennyCrane 

Yes @katdesj , you had a data problem, we are all trying hard to help.  You cannot just send us away saying us " rather annoying."  This is not polite and disrespect to those who tried to help

Now, it is our turn to seek your help.  Can we know what happened?  How " someone who works for public mobile" helped you?  We need the information as it will be nice if someone have the same issue, we can pass on the knowledge

But if it is just something you missed, you forgot to turn off sync or some apps, just admit it.  We understand 🙂

So let me get this straight. You come here, to a forum of customers just like you, asking for help. You get all sorts of suggestions, and rather than report back on how you solved it or even to say thank you, you tell us we're annoying. People are invested and have been quite helpful in my view, and they just want to know how it worked out.

@katdesj thanks for the update. 

So, you opened ticket and PM support replied?  did they give your back some data? wonder what they found out from your usage issue.

katdesj

No I actually got help from someone who works for public mobile . So y’all can stop commenting now it’s getting rather annoying. 

@LitlLdy   Actually, if you need to refer back to @katdesj 's original post, I quoted that earlier in my reply

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Data-issues/m-p/981504/highlight/true#M68...

@softech , I’m hoping it turned out for the good. We all tried to help.

Spending over $100 on data in 2 weeks is a lot!

@LitlLdy    OP was very upset earlier for spending $40 a week,  but suddenly and quietly delete the original post. I hope that is a good sign. 

Maybe @katdesj  finally found out PM counted data correctly and found out what app used the data, and find out how he could stopped the data from all used up.  Let's hope

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I see all the information in Op’s post disappeared!

Korth
Mayor / Maire

The plans on display and the plans actually available are different. I didn't know this. Kind of foolish of me to assume Public Mobile would be consistent across its own pages, but then again I don't really know why I'm surprised, lol.

@Korth 

As I was saying, all plans in all regions are currently identcal.  As with the customer above, I'm not going by the advertising but rather what is actually available.

@hTideGnow 

The plans available duriing activation and the ones in Self Seve are currently exactly the same.

@Korth wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

I just noticed that if you "set your region" to a different province, you can see different plan offerings.

The only difference is on the plans pages where they are being advertised. Currently, there are no differences in plans offered from region to region.

4G plans in BC = $35 3GB, $40 $60 15GB

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans#4G

4G plans in QC = $35 3GB, $37 5GB, $40 $55 10GB, $50 20GB, $65 30GB

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans#4G

Seems like a substantial region-to-region difference to me.

HI@Korth 

but there are more plans in BC.  Don't trust the page https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans#4G .   Instead, login to My Account and you will see more plan in your province (Even for new activation, there are more plans show up when you activate)  For some reason, PM does not post all the plans there

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Korth wrote:

I just noticed that if you "set your region" to a different province, you can see different plan offerings.

The only difference is on the plans pages where they are being advertised. Currently, there are no differences in plans offered from region to region.

4G plans in BC = $35 3GB, $40 $60 15GB

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/plans#4G

4G plans in QC = $35 3GB, $37 5GB, $40 $55 10GB, $50 20GB, $65 30GB

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans#4G

Seems like a substantial region-to-region difference to me.

HI @Korth   yeah, Quebec always have more promotion as there are competition there (not the rest of the country  😞 )

Too bad it is trouble with a different area code, if not,get a Quebec number for the deal or get an Alberta number for the tax saving

@Korth wrote:

Interesting.

QC offers a greater variety of plans than BC.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Interesting.

QC offers a greater variety of plans than BC.

@Korth wrote:

@DennyCrane 

How are you seeing $45, $50, $65 plans at Public Mobile? Are those old screenshots?

The only 4G plans I see on Public Mobile's 4G plans page right now are $35 and $60 $40.

@Korth , I see them on mine. On my account under change plan I see under 4G Speed Plans $35 3gb, $37 5gb, $40 10gb & the 15gb, $45 20gb, $50 20gb, $65 30gb

Those were taken right before I made that post (today). You have to login and go to Change Plans to see them. 

@DennyCrane 

How are you seeing $45, $50, $65 plans at Public Mobile? Are those old screenshots?

The only 4G plans I see on Public Mobile's 4G plans page right now are $35 and $60 $40.

Do you see a red blob above the little envelope icon next to your starry avatar (hey, like mine) up top? If so then maybe that's a reply back from support.

When is your next renewal? Will you go ahead and let it renew? That will give you a new 15gb. Then be logged in to your account and keep clicking on the little spinner refresh icon lower down as shown in an earlier reply. If this is your only way to be on the internet then you will of course use some data doing this. But we're looking for rapid usage of data.

It would be more useful to be able to watch all this from a different device using a different internet connection.

katdesj

Yeah everything is off ….. so 

This whole post is beginning to feel like trolling. Do you want help or not? Many of us are offering helpful advice based on the very limited information you provided, and then you respond with that. Good luck to you. 

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@katdesj wrote:

Already reset it but I won’t have anymore

data now so it won’t matter lol . Won’t be using my phone without wifi . Might have to change providers 

@katdesj, although you've reset your stats, do you remember/take note of which app(s) were the highest data consumers?

Under Settings -> Cellular, I reset my stats at the beginning of each billing period, and occasionally check to see what I've consumed, and what apps are using the most data.  Pinpointing the apps or the service within System Services will go a long way to identifying the cause of the data usage (regardless of whether you're using Public Mobile or another carrier).  You mentioned you have data turned off for all apps, so confirming this and checking against data usage is really the next step you'd need to take.iPhoneCellularData.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy yep, seems off to me. It is not clear to me what OP is purchasing or experiencing. 

EDIT, I feel more details could be helpful here. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you're logging into your Public Mobile account in Incognito/private mode so that you're getting accurate results in your dashboard.

How are you determining that you're running out of data? Does PM text you and then data stops working? Or is it your phone that has some sort of a data warning/block set?

If you're consuming the data there's nothing PM can do about that. It's an issue with your phone and/or the apps YOU have on it. Best to analyze data usage on your phone itself and/or put restrictions in place (e.g. only backup over wifi) to prevent high data use. 

You could also get a larger plan.

Screenshot_20230517-072606.png

Screenshot_20230517-072609.png

Screenshot_20230517-072612.png

@esjliv wrote:

@katdesj - I am very curious what is being charged and used in your case. So you are not changing your plan at any point?

How are you buying $40 of data? Is it TWO $15 addons with taxes on top, or something else?

Here are the data addons options available:

esjliv_0-1684332889028.png

@esjliv , Op stated spent over 100 dollars on data in two weeks! That’s a lot of add ons! I would have personally contacted CSA the 1st time around!

@katdesj - I am very curious what is being charged and used in your case. So you are not changing your plan at any point?

How are you buying $40 of data? Is it TWO $15 addons with taxes on top, or something else?

Here are the data addons options available:

esjliv_0-1684332889028.png

There is no way to go back and see why and how data were you  on iPhone.  

iCloud is usually the reason.  

@dust2dust wrote:

I never said buy more. I wondered if before your next renewal (if you stay that long) whether you can put your sim in another phone and let it renew and see if it sucks down your data.

Adding - @LitlLdy - another set of eyes?

@dust2dust , possibly. I’ve suggested all that I can think of from my iPhone as far as what could suck up data with no response back from Op! If it’s not the phone settings then something serious is going on with PM data for this to happen. I’m on the $15, 250 mb data at 3g speed plan & still have data! I use Wi-Fi most of the time. So, I honestly don’t know!
I could tag @CalgaryBen to see if he has any input being somewhat of an iPhone expert but I don’t think he’s around anymore!

Edit: To add, I’m really lucky, I still have all my More is Merrier gifts Minutes & Data unused! 

I never said buy more. I wondered if before your next renewal (if you stay that long) whether you can put your sim in another phone and let it renew and see if it sucks down your data.

Adding - @LitlLdy - another set of eyes?

@dust2dust , Op is no longer reading/understanding what is said. To angry to. I think we’ve suggested & tried to help all we are able to & some not even getting answered!

Need Help? Let's chat.