cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data buckets

Tfarrelly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have 5 buckets of data (some bonus add ons and other add on and my monthly bucket). When I review my usage, it just randomly picks a bucket to use.  Why would it not use up my monthly bucket, then the oldest bonus/add ons before using up the new add on buckets I have.  

how can I check if it’s using multiple buckets for the same data being sent?

10 REPLIES 10

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@Tfarrelly  It's my understanding that add-ons that can be used when plan data and minutes are  exhausted are taken in order of most recent to oldest. (Last In, First Out) 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@Tfarrelly   

If the regular monthly (30 days cycle) bucket is all used up and they dip into the bonus buckets randomly, it is ok

However, that  is surely a problem if your monthly bucket is still there an they dip into the bonus buckets instead.  But just a reminder, PM is  running on a 30 days cycle and not monthly, cycle does not starts on a particular date every month, so, you surely you kept track of your 30 days cycle properly?  

If in doubt, take some screenshots from your My Account for couple days, clearly show that your data bucket is not empty but the bonus buckets are being used.  Send those screenshots to PM support for investigation

To open ticket with PM:

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tfarrelly 

Are you saying there's data being used from any and every kind of data add on before your regular monthly data bucket has been consumed? Or after?

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

Tfarrelly
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It’s 100% picking at random.  I just spent the weekend reviewing it from Friday.  It pulled from bonus data, rewards data, monthly bucket and promo date buckets-  all still have data left in them- and all have usage.  There is just no consistency or reason.  Hopefully I use everything soon to clean them all out and start from 0 again.  It’s annoying having to math to figure out how much data I actually have left.  

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

It seems to me it uses the next item in order they show up listed on your account. So far I haven’t seen it having two separate data bonuses on the go with my account but it could likely happen. However I do have two separate international long distance add ons in use. A few minutes from one and then we received another one as a gift that landed higher up the list so it was hit the next time I made a call to the USA. Is a bit annoying as I like things to be neat, organized, logical etc but… it is their phone company and they were free perks so I look the other way!!

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Don't worry PM doesn't double dip and take out of more than one bucket at a time. So you will be getting your full data allotment regardless of order of bonus buckets.. Semantics aside lol

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Tfarrelly 

Plan data will always be used first. Then it's supposed to use promotional recurring monthly Plan data next but there is one promo from August ( I think) 2019 whereas it didn't get coded properly to use the recurring data first. Then its a bit random. My account used a tiny bit of the August 2019 1gb bonus data add on gift and then switched to the "more is merrier" 1gb bonus data add on gift. I have almost used that one up so we will see where it goes from there....its got lots of choice.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

At renewal it should definitely use your plan bucket. If you use it all then I don't know how it decides to start drawing on whichever other bucket. But once you see which one then it should continue to do so. Then when you renew, it should go back to your plan bucket.

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I would check your data usage on the Public Mobile website every few minutes to see which bucket is being used. I find it refreshes quite quickly.  Hope this helps.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Tfarrelly   PM will always start with  the  bucket for the current cycle first.  Once the current data bucket  all consumed, then it will use the bonus bucket

You might see the bonus bucket being used and you still have data from current cycle,  It could be the fact one of your previous cycle has used up the data and you have used some of the bonus data.   Bonus data has no expiry, so whatever not used will then roll over to the next cycle

I think the best for you is to take a screenshot at the end of your current cycle, then you can compare it 2 weeks later

Need Help? Let's chat.