cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data add on 30 day expiry

EdN
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Has anyone heard if PM has come to their senses and are going to reinstate the no expiry date for the data add ons?

14 REPLIES 14

@Whitehat2    Actually, the 3GB/$30 data add-on has been available since PM changed add-on expiry date to 30 days and since the roll out of Eversafe system.   I remember thinking it was unlikely that anyone would pay $30 because of the short shelf life for the data and someone needing that much data would be better off upgrading their plan (for that cycle) and have more plan data available to use  for 30 days instead.  That price point would only be attractive if the data never expired or was available for 12 months at least IMO.

Whitehat2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks for the link.  I didn't know.

@Whitehat2 

this is the one I was referring to, someone messaged agent and the answer was not what everyone wants:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Add-on-Data-improvement-now-rolls-over-to...

Whitehat2

Possible because the main site still shows 30 day expiry.

However, there is another change.  It used to be max 1GB.  Now, it shows 3GB for $30.  So, it is also possible that the info showing on the addons purchase page is the latest one.

@Whitehat2   it is still unclear if PM removed the 30 days expiry   We thought, but someone message CS agent and agent said webmaster just making cosmetic change and what was shown was not meant to have no expiry.

Whitehat2

When I tried to purchase addons, I see the following.  Apparently the no expiry data policy is back for data and minutes.

vincylee_0-1687472674854.png

funpig1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Non-expiring data that can rollover to the next month was one of the features that made PM special and attractive to me in the first place. 

I still have 6GB of unused bonus data which appears to have been grandfathered 

XionBunny
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

who knows what may happen, we all just have to find new ways to work within the system, there are at least still some minor advantages here for now.

xiao12
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a some unused Christmas bonus data/minutes from the past few years. Are they still going to be "no expiry"?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Didn't the competition start this one?  

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@EdN , no word yet! I wish they would change it back to no expiration until all used up but I’m not holding my breathe on that one! 😕

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@EdN  there are many posts on this change in the last couple days

But if you ask me, I highly doubt it will be change.  They are just on par with Lucky and Chatr, not better now, but not worse either.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @EdN 

no news.  Let's hope.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@EdN no but ,  We all have are fingers crossed and hoping so 

Need Help? Let's chat.