cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add-on Data improvement - now rolls over to the next subscription

dabr
Mayor / Maire

Anyone noticed the change from 30 day expiry for add-on data to "will roll over to your next subscription"?

dabr_0-1687462580934.png

For some reason the available add-ons have been posted twice but I'm wondering if the new wording means that essentially the data expiry timeline is now 60 days.  While definitely an improvement from the 30 day expiration (if this is the case), it's still expensive unless it rolls over indefinitely, of course, which I don't think is the case..

edit:  Also this new policy seems to apply to both add-on minutes and data??  @J_PM  can this be clarified please.  Thanks.

Update: Unfortunately, wording in My Account has been changed back to 30 day expiry for data add-ons so back to square one.  Disappointing!

20 REPLIES 20

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28   As mentioned by @LitlLdy I'm hoping the information you received from CSA's is incorrect since we've seen and heard that seems to happen quite a bit around here and I don't always fault CSA's for giving out incorrect information but rather that any changes done around here happen rather frequently (at least over the last year or so) and do not seem to be communicated very effectively to staff or customers. 

Otherwise, customers purchasing add-ons today will, quite rightly, be upset based upon the current wording in My Account for purchasing add-ons.

@makkahn28 , thank you for sharing that info 😕. I hope the wording is corrected before to many Customers see it & purchase.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Regarding the add-on situation, all the data add-ons last 30 days starting with the date of the purchase, the data will not roll over to the next billing cycle if there is left unused data from the add-on. As I have mentioned it is still a cosmetic issue that we are trying to fix. Once a data add-on is purchased you can see on the online account until the add-on lasts.   

This is the latest info from PM CSA

So, It looks like for Now, PM is Not exactly listening to what we are stating on the Expiry on Add-On Data to date

@makkahn28 wrote:

Just got Clarification from a PM CSA

All the domestic mobile data add-ons expire after 30 days of purchase, only the calling add-ons will roll over to the next billing cycle if there are minutes unused. I do apologize for this situation, it is a cosmetic issue that our developing team is trying to fix.

@makkahn28 , well that’s messed up! I would love to know who thought it was a good idea to change the wording to be incorrect! This happens to often!

Edit: Sorry, I’m not growling at you. 🙂 Thank you for checking.

Also, noting there’s at least 3 CS_Agents that are known to often give incorrect information!

@esjliv , I’m not seeing any info in the fine print about data add-ons rolling over or expiration!

I think PM in this part made a Bad error, and that they Should NOT have the 30 Day Expiry on the Add-On Data

The Roll-Over was the better fit

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Just got Clarification from a PM CSA

All the domestic mobile data add-ons expire after 30 days of purchase, only the calling add-ons will roll over to the next billing cycle if there are minutes unused. I do apologize for this situation, it is a cosmetic issue that our developing team is trying to fix.

The funny thing, how come it duplicates the same info in the Self-Serve Portal?

I also noticed, Add-On Data having 3GB as well, so at least the options has been given some dues

PM Add-On questions 2.jpg

PM Add-On questions.jpg

  

I have messaged PM CSA to clarify

I noticed in the Self-Serve Portal and in the PM Shop Add-On Hidden thing, Language is Completely different, so This would require PM to clarify does the Add-On Data still gave the 30 Day Expiry, or has the Roll-Over Till used up been restored, this way, No Confusions

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv    Yes, I also see the strange red negative numbers on one of my add-on data which should have 20% remaining data left in it..

@softech wrote:

@dabr I hope to see you back as you and not bonkers  😅

@softech   Lol...I'm afraid that name will come up as "already in use"! 

I'm able to login to the community account on Chrome but FF (my preferred browser) seems not to be working for now and it seems (to me) that the problem arises from logging into My Account first and then trying to access the Community account from it.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@dabr , I saw that to! I took a screenshot from my account & shared it! I wonder if we were heard & that our feedback on the post that @maximum_gato made about the data add-on 30 day expiration worked or another glitch in the system!

I’m tired! I’m not sure I made any sense! 🤣 Thank you for sharing this. I thought I was seeing things! 🤣

@dabr I hope to see you back as you and not bonkers  😅

@softech    Hopefully, you're right and I agree with your guess too that it probably means non-expiring data has been restored, otherwise the 60 day expiry would also apply to add-on minutes from the wording in My account.

I'm having too many problems posting right now, so going to log out and try again!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

thanks @dabr  for posting that

60 days makes sense.. but it could also be 31 days.  if you buy last day of your current subscription, and your next subscription will have have 30 days!!!

But if you ask me to guess, it means the data and voice now go back to having no expiry instead

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@dabr Hymmm very interesting 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@esjliv   Yep, it's not really clear and especially if the changes (depending on what exactly it means) also applies to add-on minutes too now...

I'm also having lots of trouble trying to post this thread and responding as the site seems very buggy and won't post.  Took me almost half an hour to post this.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@dabr  - yeah, strange it is listed twice. Makes me think something else is wrong or messed up when I see that...🤔

But, I agree better wording, but is unclear isn't it? Does it mean you can buy it the day before your cycle is up, then it lasts for 31 days...or something else? 

Adding...Any other terms in the 'finer print' perhaps?

Adding again...this update may be related to something Public changed that affected customer's data remaining balances with those negative RED numbers?

Need Help? Let's chat.