cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sim activation without app

No2
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

My new account is in the pre-activation stage waiting for delivery of sim from PM. When I sign on to PM self-serve account I just get a message to resume activation by downloading PM app.

How do I complete activation without app?

9 REPLIES 9

No2

I attempted to activate without new sim card in phone. Picked a new number, entered sim number. Number is activated but requires 2 factor authentication. 6 digit code is sent to unknown phone number not in service. Have ticket open to resend code to my new number

@No2   you don't need the new sim in a phone, you can just enter the sim number and activate over Wifi

No2

To activate with the app, do I need to insert the sim in the phone or can I activate with just the sim number over wifi?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@No2   No You can use any unused SIM card . And you need SIM card to activate anyways 

@No2   doesn't matter.  So, you can use your spare sim, AS LONG AS that is a new sim card that never been used , never been activated

No2

Thank you for your help with my sim activation questions.

I have not received the sim that I ordered with my new plan. Want to activate with spare unused sim that I have on hand. Does it matter which sim I activate on the new plan or must I activate with sim on order? 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@No2  Yes 

No2

Will I be able to reset my phone to factory after PM activation and connect?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@No2  I don’t think you can any more . It want to redirect you there on the end of activation to grant full access to your phone and number 

Need Help? Let's chat.