cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Usage History

tina9099
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If you log into your account and view your data usage history, should it add up to what you have currently used?

6 REPLIES 6

chipmunk

@softech wrote:

@chipmunk actually, the data usage page is fairly accurate, but you need to know couple things.

1. PM is running on 30 cycle, not monthly, so make sure you know the beginning of the cycle and start counting from that day 

2. data are posted only twice a day and could be as many as 12 hours delay

3.  The filter on the page  does not work!!  There are tricks to make the filter to filter out correct info.  but the easiest way is to download the FULL usage in XLS and then filter and sim up using Excel 

I know and have done all of that and also had my friend double check it all for me. (I've been here for a while, just because I'm not logged into the community 24/7 and have a million posts and solutions to my credit, doesn't mean that I'm the village idiot.)

We are not talking about a few MB here or there, or the 5MB buffer. When extracting all the info from all usage history pages for the current cycle (which is easy since this is my data only line) and comparing to my usage pattern and phone records, the usage history has several 0 MB readings that should actually be 1.5+GB blocks that I've clearly and knowingly used. I'm not questioning the amount of data I've used (in contrary, I'm surprised that the front page counter isn't higher) - the usage history in my (!) account is way out of whack, by something like 5GB. All the discrediting and censorship of my concerns does not change that.

@chipmunk actually, the data usage page is fairly accurate, but you need to know couple things.

1. PM is running on 30 cycle, not monthly, so make sure you know the beginning of the cycle and start counting from that day 

2. data are posted only twice a day and could be as many as 12 hours delay

3.  The filter on the page  does not work!!  There are tricks to make the filter to filter out correct info.  but the easiest way is to download the FULL usage in XLS and then filter and sim up using Excel 

chipmunk

The counter on the My Account landing page is "legal tender" and reflects your actual usage and is updated in nearly real time.

I have stopped trusting the usage history - it's been so far off recently that there must be something wrong with it, at least in my case. However, trying to find out here in the community if I was the only one with the problem of if it was a wide spread temporarily system wide problem, resulted in me being censored / prevented from posting in the community all day for no reason at all.

@TinNguyen96 if OP was talking about the Usage history aoge, a 5 mins wait is not enough.  PM does not constantly update the data usage, they only upload it twice as a total of the past xx hours

TinNguyen96
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, it should be. Best is wait 5 minutes and then you can check the data that you have currently used. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@tina9099 

Please note that the filter on data history does not function as it should.

Best way is to download the usage history in XLS and use Excel to filter and sum it up

Also, the data usage on Usage history page could be delayed by 12 hours.  The most updated data usage would be those showing on the Overview page

Need Help? Let's chat.