cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canada-US Data limits

Paul49
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just returned from a trip to US. I have the 40GB Canada-US plan. Data worked well until I hit about 12GB and then it throttled way back, particularly on AT+T. This also happened on my wife's phone with the same plan. The data was so limited it was basically unusable. The plan says 40GB of Canada-US data at 5G speeds. Is there a limit on US data usage? 

5 REPLIES 5

Shubh2023
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Oh that is true too @Paul49 
Try setting it to 4G, instead of 5G and select T-Mobile, for next time! 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Set your phone to 4G preferred instead of 5G, because AT&T 5G doesn't work.

Shubh2023

Well, tech stuff might face issues, you never know, tbh.
Sure, feel free to try T-Mobile next time. 
Have a good one! 

Paul49
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks Shubh2023. My phone is set for 'no data limit'. This sounds like an issue with AT&T maybe? T-Mobile wasn't available where I was when I was having issues but I will keep that in mind for next time.

Shubh2023

Hey. Sometimes its noticeable that there might be a option for data limiter in your device. Try changing it and setting it to at least 100 GB. You can find this option under your SIM setting, if in android. Not much sure about iPhone but they should have something similar. 
Did you try selecting T-Mobile, as most people do not have a lot of issues with them, kinda more with AT&T
There should not be a limit, as the call/data is designed for use in both USA/CAN, without issues

Need Help? Let's chat.