cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Union Debit Card Has NO CVV !!!

agai11nst
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So how to i pay if is the only card to pay PMobile?

Why do not input in the payments fields a non mandatory CVV input if some debit cards in canada does not have a CVV in the back? Can i pay in the supermarket with a pre pay PM card?

28 REPLIES 28

agai11nst

Thnk u kindly

Nice remarks

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@agai11nst 

Sorry I was hoarding free cheese on points and taking a wide berth around the cereal aisle....

Well you have raised a couple of interesting points with vouchers but firstly as previously suggested you can force the system to take your payment by suspending via lost/stolen. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your plan should automatically reactivate but your overview page account status may not update right away. Log out and reboot.

I wonder if the payment system is having another glitch and cannot process voucher payments? This happened last fall as well. It's always easiest to load a voucher via 611 as it automatically reactivates your plan and service (except when suspended via lost/stolen then it will only accept payment until you resume your service in self serve.)

Both Shell and 7/11 have been proven to have instantly valid and loadable pm vouchers. The only normal reasoning for that message would be trying to make more than two payments without waiting out an hour in between.

Topping up your account with payment via 611 either by card on file with your 4 digit account pin # or by pm voucher should always reactivate your account as long as your payment to your balance will equal or exceed your plan amount. 611 was designed to perform the most basic of account functions with accepting payment and reactivating your plan/service the basis of that design.

You can reactivate your plan without loading your vouchers yet.....otherwise contact customer support to check voucher validity and add them to your account balance.

@J_PM 

You may want to have the tech department look into this so if its the same glitch it can fixed quickly....

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account in your private messages only include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #

agai11nst

Bravo to you.

I didnt explained properly; i do have a 15 credit due to overpayment and i thought i could buy any face value voucher which i did and i have proof of purchase for all of them and just input at PM fields my voucher PIN and Voila! i could restore my service but seems it does NOT work well PM voucher payment system..

The only good thing about PM is the very friendly and cute underpaid staff who keep this only for profit machine oiled..

Thanks a lot crew you all deserve an increase in your wages! 🙂 

@esjliv wrote:

@hTideGnow wrote:

Click on the Bubble or directly

@hTideGnow - that bubble burst apparently.

😁

Hi @esjliv 

Yes, Simple--Simon account has became Anonymous. 

(I am seriously talking about our beloved troublemaker -- Chatbot and not any other member 😂

@hTideGnow wrote:

Click on the Bubble or directly

@hTideGnow - that bubble burst apparently.

😁

agai11nst

thanks for your kindness

i will

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@agai11nst - am i seeing that correctly..that your Available funds is $15 and you owe $15?

Try listing your phone into lost/stolen status on your self serve account. Log out of self serve. Then log back in and go back the same way, to resume your service.

Does your status change to Active?

As for the voucher not adding, is this a 24 hour activate after purchase issue (this is so silly, since people who are needing voucher top ups sometimes need them now)...so, i agree with @hTideGnow , submit a ticket with CSA, and hopefully they can get that added on their for you.

Unless you can wait to try again tomorrow.

HI @agai11nst   For now, don't wait, open a ticket with PM Support and ask them to confirm the voucher and load for you.   Click on the Bubble or directly at : https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot. Follow this to get to ticket open screen quicker:

1. Type: cannot process payment
  2. Click "Payment Voucher"
  3. then click "contact Us"
  4. and then click "Click here to submit a ticket"
  5. you will then direct to another page to open ticket.

After ticket is submitted, make sure to check your Community Inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically for response from PM's CS Agent

If you have problems submitting a ticket, you can also send a private message to the CS Agent (but this can take longer):
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

agai11nst

Is UK fun to live?

agai11nst

pmBS2.pngpmBS.png

agai11nst

Sorry i was out for many weeks due to work ...sorry  @Yummy 

The thing is that my Debit C. has really not a CVV but i managed that day to buy a voucher at Shell and i was able to load my monthly plan but today I went to Shell bought a voucher of 25 dollars went back to my vehicle punch the PIN with no success and went back to the cashier and he refunded me the 25, then i ask him to gimme a 40 dollars voucher from PM and right in front of him i dialed 611 punched the PIN and again the super duper blupper shmoc.. PM system did not granted me the privilege to restore my plan and make phone calls!!! I have to admit i was very upset as many more than dozens of people here in this brilliant community complain about vouchers that does not work! So i decided to buy another voucher later on which i did this time at an 7Eleven Esso station of face value of 25 bucks and mind u dear community that i do have a balance of 15 bucks meaning that i only need 15 more to make my calls and happily text my peers which i am sure now are wondering what happen to my beautiful soul and flesh... anyhow it is really a Via Crucis sort of speaking to be happy with PM when u do need PM to keep doing what i have to do.... where do we go from here? post another question why i cannot load 3 (THREE) vouchers in a day to make calls or text? I am glad i have unlimited wifi anytime i need and by the way why there is a new "promotion" in PM homepage for a 25 bucks month with a 2GB data and existing users of this piece of art can not switch to it to save some precious 5 dollars i could use for gas (precious like gold nowadays), i know why and is called Avarice. Anyhow i miss darlicious and her always prompt follow me responses and again sorry @Yummy  for being out of here for a while dear. Any suggestions on how to reestablish my line of communication?

I hope u all enjoy this late but coming spring and Stay Free! 😉

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

So @agai11nst Mr OP....where did you go?

And you are correct 150%. I do not understand: people post question and then never come back with any kind of feedback.

@darlicious(and the rest of gang!) thanks a lot for thorough explanation regarding visa debit. All different tricks bank come up to 'handle' your money.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

So @agai11nst Mr OP....where did you go?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

It's kind of what the bank issued secured credit card used be....where as if you wanted to build credit or had bad credit but were a loyal bank customer they would issue you a credit card with a $500 prepaid limit. So you charge things like a hotel or a car rental etc....to your card but every month you had to top it back up to it's prepaid limit. If you went a whole year or two never missing keeping a $500 prepaid balance they would let you have a $500 credit limit that had to be paid in full every month for another year and then you built enough credit and trust to raise the limit again and start to qualify for a car loan or an RRSP loan.

Eventually with the onset of online everything and the disappearance of cash the credit/debit card allowed for all of the convenience of a credit card to book flights, shop online, rent movies for those who didn't want to use credit cards for these purchases or for those who couldn't qualify for a credit card to still be able to be an online consumer.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

HI @Yummy 

A Visa Debit card works basically like a check. The amount of your purchase is deducted directly from your checking account. You can use your Visa Debit card to: Place an order online, by phone or mail. Get money out of an ATM using your PIN.

Main difference is that regular debit card, you cannot use it for online purchase.  Visa Debit can

And why get a Visa Debit and not regular Debit card?  Because PM only accepts Visa Debit and not regular Debit.. LoL

@Yummy wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

A Visa Debit is only issued by a few BIG banks. To the vendor it looks like a credit card and to the user it looks like a debit card as all purchases from it become direct withdrawals from your associated bank Account.

So why it is called VISA then??? 

Because there is an extra finger in the pie.

Perhaps @meow can tell you...he has banking experience. 

It is plain debit, correct?

No, not plain. There is an extra finger in the pie. Like I said it appears to vendor as a credit card vs an FI debit card. 

@hTideGnow 

It won’t be a Visa debit card as credit unions do not offer. 

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI @Yummy   PM accepts Visa Debit from Canadian Financial institutions

@hTideGnow 

From a few Canadian FI’s......not any FI. 

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

A Visa Debit is only issued by a few BIG banks. To the vendor it looks like a credit card and to the user it looks like a debit card as all purchases from it become direct withdrawals from your associated bank Account.

So why it is called VISA then??? It is plain debit, correct?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

A Visa Debit Card  is only issued by a few FI’s as per below. To the vendor it looks like a credit card and to the user it looks like a debit card as all purchases from it become direct withdrawals from your associated bank Account. So it can have flaws and only makes it “look like” you have a credit card. Personally, I would not waste my time getting a Visa Debit Card......better off to get a credit card. And if you are having difficulty trying to get a credit card....try Peoples Trust or Home Bank. 

6EA90586-9CBE-4E44-A6B5-1DD48E2DF4E1.jpeg

Any ways the answer is OP is SOL to use debit card for auto pay or for top up on PM. 

Will need to go an extra step to post funds to PM. 

@hTideGnow wrote:

Thank you. Corrected my post... and learned something new 🙂

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @agai11nst   What kind of debit card is that?  is that a Visa Debit?

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@agai11nst wrote:

Here is what PM accepts for payment. 

Get your payment ready

We accept credit and Visa Debit cards registered to Canadian addresses. We also accept Public Mobile payment vouchers

I don’t see where PM accepts a Credit Union Debit Card do you? Or is your Card the accepted Visa Debit Card???

Why do not input in the payments fields a non mandatory CVV input if some debit cards in canada does not have a CVV in the back?

Ask your Credit Union. 

Can i pay in the supermarket with a pre pay PM card?

See suggestions given. 

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

I do not think debit cards are accepted as payment instrument at PM. Only credit card, VISA debit and vouchers...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@agai11nst wrote:

Why do not input in the payments fields a non mandatory CVV input if some debit cards in canada does not have a CVV in the back? Can i pay in the supermarket with a pre pay PM card?

@agai11nst  - perhaps this is not a credit card accepted for Autopay registration.

See help article for payment methods accepted:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/register-your-payment-card

If you would like to confirm, contact Public Mobile Representatives (CSA) to inquire. Methods to contact them here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@agai11nst 

For now you would need to pay by voucher. The following retailers offer pm vouchers that are immediately valid upon purchase and loadable via 611 or thru your self serve account. It's best to load it in the store upon purchase in case you have any issues. You will get a printed pm voucher with the $$ amount on it say $20 and a reciept showing you purchased a pm $20 voucher+tax.

1. 7/11
  2. Shell Stations
  3. London Drugs
  4. SDM
  5. RCSS
  6. TMS
  7. Circle K
  8. Wal-Mart

You can purchase RTP (real time payments) from Canadian Tire gas bars and Mobil stations for a $1 fee. They are loaded by giving the clerk your 10 digit phone number.

Online payments can be made at ding.com and recharge.com for about an 8% surcharge.

You can find real examples of pm vouchers and more member contributed info here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Voucher-Catalogue/m-p/479165#M343905

You can then apply for a visa/debit card at your credit union or consider applying for a koho card. It's an online bank with visa/debit card with no fees, minimum 0.5% cash back, a referral code credit the last time I looked that also offers an additional 1% cash back. It takes 5 minutes to apply for (answer: savings) and 5 business days for the koho card to arrive in the mail. Check it out.

Private message me and I will give you a list of members you can private message that also use a koho card for their pm autopay card.

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@agai11nst  As far as i know,  debit cards without CVVs are not approved for online transactions.   You used it for any online transaction before?

your other choice of payment would be to get vouchers from retails.  Try to get it from SDM/Shell/711, their vouchers can be used immediately with 24 hours wait time

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Locating the CVV is simple. It is the three-digit number at the back of your debit card. For certain types of debit cards, it could be a four-digit number printed on the front.

Need Help? Let's chat.