cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Competitors or Public Mobile still?

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hey guys, hope you are all having a good weekend.

 

Now, we all know they're competing companies out there. Such as one that rhymes with 'matter'. 😂

 

My question is this: Should someone switch to a competitor or stay with Public Mobile? 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Powell
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Stay. I like that they reward loyalty. Easy to work your bill down. 

 

 

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Angelic_Fille90 wrote:

Hey guys, hope you are all having a good weekend.

 

Now, we all know they're competing companies out there. Such as one that rhymes with 'matter'. 😂

 

My question is this: Should someone switch to a competitor or stay with Public Mobile? 

 


Well that is the magic question, @Angelic_Fille90 

 

If you've been with Public Mobile for over 1 year, you're gaining a Loyalty reward of $1 off per cycle.   For each year you remain, that'll increase by $1 per cycle up to $5 for each cycle payment.

 

There's also the $2 per cycle discount for being on auto-pay here - nice gesture.

 

As far as data goes, if that's not too important to you, then 3G is likely all you need.

 

IF you're one of those high demand data users who want instant results, then you may wish to seek out 4G or 5G services.

 

EDIT:   Here's the great thing about Public Mobile:   you're not locked into anything, you can leave anytime and you're only really out the cost of the SIM card and any available funds you may have.   BUT, you will lose your earned rewards for any referrals or years of service - so consider those potential lost benefits.

 

 

 

 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

 

@Angelic_Fille90 

It really depends on each person's individual situation and preference.   The rewards system is what separates Public mobile from other tier 3 companies like Lucky and Chatr.  The longer you stay with PM, the harder to leave PM.  For example if you say with PM for five years and longer, you will receive $5/month loyalty rewards + $2/month autopay rewards. If you refereed any friends, that would be extra monthly reward.  

 

In general, the lower cost plans like $15 or $25/month are competitive.  The higher data plans are not as competitive as other companies including the big three.  For example, with Black Friday deals, you can get 10 GB of LTE data for about $40 per month including some decent deals for subsidized phones.  IF you need more options like international roaming, LTE data, Wifi calling, VoLTE, eSIM, then other companies may be better. 

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@HALIMACS wrote:

@Angelic_Fille90 wrote:

Hey guys, hope you are all having a good weekend.

 

Now, we all know they're competing companies out there. Such as one that rhymes with 'matter'. 😂

 

My question is this: Should someone switch to a competitor or stay with Public Mobile? 

 


Well that is the magic question, @Angelic_Fille90 

 

If you've been with Public Mobile for over 1 year, you're gaining a Loyalty reward of $1 off per cycle.   For each year you remain, that'll increase by $1 per cycle up to $5 for each cycle payment.

 

There's also the $2 per cycle discount for being on auto-pay here - nice gesture.

 

As far as data goes, if that's not too important to you, then 3G is likely all you need.

 

IF you're one of those high demand data users who want instant results, then you may wish to seek out 4G or 5G services.

 

EDIT:   Here's the great thing about Public Mobile:   you're not locked into anything, you can leave anytime and you're only really out the cost of the SIM card and any available funds you may have.   BUT, you will lose your earned rewards for any referrals or years of service - so consider those potential lost benefits.

 

 

 

 


Yes, I've been with the community for a LONG time now.

 

I must have discount points that I don't know of. 😂

 

 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It depends on what your needs are.  PM provides opportunities to save money with rewards like autopay, referrals, and loyalty.  Also they only provide online support.  They sometimes give out bonus freebies like free data and minutes. Also no contracts or long term commitments.

 @Angelic_Fille90 : Maybe you'd like to post a screenshot of your overview page. Blank out personal info of course.


@Angelic_Fille90 wrote:


Yes, I've been with the community for a LONG time now.

 

I must have discount points that I don't know of. 😂


 @Angelic_Fille90 As others have noted, there are various incentives to keep you here. If you have been here since 2015 you already get the max loyalty reward of $5 per 30 days . I'm on the $15 plan and with rewards and bonuses my plans are very cheap, cheaper than I can get elsewhere.

 

@Angelic_Fille90 

Which plan are you on presently?  Some of the grandfathered plans were decent, but others are not competitive these days.  

Some of the real old grandfathered plans did not have rewards also.  As mentioned before, a screenshot of your overview page would provide useful information about your plan and rewards.  


@Angelic_Fille90 wrote:

Yes, I've been with the community for a LONG time now.

 

I must have discount points that I don't know of. 😂


@Angelic_Fille90  Yes - you MUST!

 

Have you ever created a Self Serve account, or logged into it?

Register for one here, if you have never created one: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

 

If you are on an older plan, there may even be one that is currently offered with Public Mobile that may even be better than what you are on now.

Current plans here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans

 

Easy peasy to change plans through your Self Serve account; but that depends on your current plan.

Angelic_Fille90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@esjliv wrote:

@Angelic_Fille90 wrote:

Yes, I've been with the community for a LONG time now.

 

I must have discount points that I don't know of. 😂


@Angelic_Fille90  Yes - you MUST!

 

Have you ever created a Self Serve account, or logged into it?

Register for one here, if you have never created one: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

 

If you are on an older plan, there may even be one that is currently offered with Public Mobile that may even be better than what you are on now.

Current plans here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans

 

Easy peasy to change plans through your Self Serve account; but that depends on your current plan.


I'm currently speaking with one agent about this and seeing what I'm entitled to.