cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Holiday giveaway?

Kered13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Apparently, I was sent a text to opt in for the giveaways.

All I had to do is say yes.

I thought the text was telling me rewards applied, as yesterday was my due date.

With hopes I read it correct and there will be another on its way.

If it is true that I deleted the offer, is there a way to opt in alternatively?

Last year I recall going to the site and finding the offers.  So far, I do not see that option.

Hoping, I am not out of luck.

Thanks for your assistance.

Derek

16 REPLIES 16

olav1

thanks to everyone for the info, it seems I am not alone 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kered13 

for existing customer; how redeem holiday gifts,

1. Between December 1st - 15th, we’ll send you a text message with your holiday gifts. 
  2. To redeem them, just reply “YES” and your free data and international minutes will be automatically applied to your account. 

not a customer yet  visit here link

by public mobile manager say

If customers do not receive their SMS offer by mid-month or are unable to redeem because of a specific situation, our agents can help with next steps. However, I would strongly advise customers to wait until mid-December and return if they are still unable to redeem through SMS.

Re: More is Merrier is back! Community (publicmobile.ca)

for now you have to be patience and check it out your SMS and if see 491-1 

Reply YES

if don't receive until mid-December then you need to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

Spoiler

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agent, private message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kered13 wrote:

Apparently, I was sent a text to opt in for the giveaways.

All I had to do is say yes.

I thought the text was telling me rewards applied, as yesterday was my due date.

With hopes I read it correct and there will be another on its way.

If it is true that I deleted the offer, is there a way to opt in alternatively?

Last year I recall going to the site and finding the offers.  So far, I do not see that option.

Hoping, I am not out of luck.

Thanks for your assistance.

Derek

@Kered13 

Send a text message saying "YES" to 4911. 

If you received the message earlier, this doing this will add the two add-ons to your account. 

If you haven't yet received the text message about this offer, you'll receive a reply back that you're not eligible for the offer.

@Kered13 

Since they are working their way from most recent activations back once you report that you have recieved the text it will give anyone who activated before you in spring/summer 2020 that they will be the next to start receiving the text from 4911.

Kered13

Thanks for all the guidance.  As always - very much support, very delighted🤗.

Appears that I may have not received the offer yet as many of you have pointed out.

I will wait a bit and be patient.  If that does not work, I will work on some of the great advice given.

If none of this works, I'll be back.

thank YOU

@olav1 no rush.. i don't get mine yet.. waiting PATIENTLY myself too.lol

olav1

that might be the issue, I have not received the offer as of yet !

@olav1 You got a text from PM yet and you replied?  or you just send to the short code without getting the SMS first?

Look like they are doing in stages, they will flag the accounts in an  orderly fashion,  then text you and you reply.  You cannot just send YES first 

@olav1 wrote:

i just sent the yes to the short code 4911 and it returned a message that i was not eligible ???

@olav1 try it again with capitals letters YES

Not sure if that will do anything, but worth a shot.

@olav1 wrote:

i just sent the yes to the short code 4911 and it returned a message that i was not eligible ???

@olav1  what ?

👎

olav1

@Kered13 @softech 

The text was sent from 4911. Reply YES to that shortcode.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That text was received from 5129 or 611? 

Wait till 15 dec and if you dont get the text till that date Contact support to get the msg again.

you can try the method mentioned above -sending YES to short code.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

"Never cry wolf" .. I think many people will do the same  😞

I also wonder if PM will automatically re-send the SMS text if no reply

also, some @darlicious  mentioned that instead of reply . just send YES to the sort code number (was it 5129? anyone else got the text and can confirm the shortcode number?)  and see if it will work

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Kered13...top of page click Get Help / Chat with Simon to start process of CSA assistance. Tell them your issue and I reckon they'll resend the text offer to your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.