cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community inbox - Sent - read or unread

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI All, 

it is another question for Community inbox.  In the old community, it is easy to see if a message I sent to another person is read or not, it will be Bold if not read, I think.    Is this feature gone?  It seems like for the message I sent, I can no longer tell if the other party has read or not

(On the other hand , in the inbox, my unread message still show BOLD)

9 REPLIES 9

@computergeek541 wrote:

I haven't seen any change.  Unread messages are still in bold with the bold getting removed after the message is opened both in inbox and outbox (have seen it change from bold to non-bold) 

Thanks @computergeek541    Yes, I think it still has it.  The colour is too light and I missed it.  I think it is especially hard for me to tell the colour difference on my phone.  On the laptop , it is a bit easier to see but still not very big difference to me.  But thanks all

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI All, 

it is another question for Community inbox.  In the old community, it is easy to see if a message I sent to another person is read or not, it will be Bold if not read, I think.    Is this feature gone?  It seems like for the message I sent, I can no longer tell if the other party has read or not

Good observations @hTideGnow  - yes, that read feature looks gone from what I can see.

It was an interesting feature to have in the 'old version'. But I am sure it will be easy enough to get used to eventually.

Come to think of it, in my normal everyday emails and texts I would send, I do not have this ability to see this either...🤔

Guess, we must wait on pins and needles when waiting on a response.

Maybe we were spoiled in the 'old version' of private messaging.

I will say, I really like the continuous thread feature - SO much nicer. 🙂

@hTideGnow 

I to miss seeing if the message was read and at what time and the ability to easily see when all messages were sent. But we were never able to see when messages sent to the CSA's were read. So that feature didn't exist before so you're not missing it now...

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI All, 

@hTideGnow wrote:

HI All, 

I haven't seen any change.  Unread messages are still in bold with the bold getting removed after the message is opened both in inbox and outbox (have seen it change from bold to non-bold) 

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow     Yes it was nice to know when your pm was read, but I also don't remember seeing that messages to CSA's ever showed as being read, at least for me 99% of those messages the blue line always stayed on my sent messages even after the issue was long resolved. 

There's probably a few more changes that probably haven't been noticed/discovered yet, I'm guessing.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

I think my sent box is always not Bold .. so, meaning I cannot tell if my sent messages are read or not

Anonymous
Not applicable

@hTideGnow : iirc them reading pm's didn't show as read. iirc But I also like to know that someone has read a pm. Oh well.

@0PX9O4 wrote:

If so, I'll be glad to see this. I prefer when read statuses are hidden from others, it's so much better for privacy.

HI @0PX9O4 , It is true for privacy.  But when I message CS Agent for help, I rather know if they have picked up my message yet  🙂

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

If so, I'll be glad to see this. I prefer when read statuses are hidden from others, it's so much better for privacy.

Need Help? Let's chat.