cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cheapest plan to keep the number of half a year (e.g. no data)

A-Hui
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there, I'm leaving Canada for about half a year but would like to keep my number for when I return. I remember there used to be an option to pay like $10 to $15 for a minimal plan (e.g. only minutes, no data). However, I don't see such options anymore. At a minimum, the monthly subscription is $30 to begin with, with data. Does anyone know what I can do to keep my number without using it for half a year, with the cheapest plan available?

5 REPLIES 5

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@A-Hui, if you look up Fongo they have a free mobile app service and if you transfer an eligible number to them it's only $25 one time fee. Then on your return you can join any carrier with the best deals, including PM's new activation only deals (you'll need to get a new PM SIM and use a different email to register). Also keep in mind that if you leave PM there is no guarantee on what plans will be available and if you have referral credits you would lose them

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@A-Hui

To see plans that are available to you go to My Account then go to Subscriptions and Add-ons then click Change Subscription. There you can see your cheapest plan.

https://myaccount.publicmobile.ca/en/account/plan/change-plan

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@A-Hui  You can suspend your account by not paying as long as you pay at intervals less than 90 days.  It might be cheaper to port out to another service and then port back again when you are ready, but no guarantee there will be a plan that you like at that time.

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@A-Hui 

What you can do is turn off autopay if you have it on then don’t pay for ~80 days, this will make the account go suspended then pay to reactivate your account and do this until your return. If don’t pay for longer then 90 days then your account will be deactivated and you will lose your phone number.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

It looks like plan downgrade is not possible anymore. Most customers reported $15 is not available for them to downgrade.

You have to check plans through your account and see what is the cheapest plan available to you.

Need Help? Let's chat.