cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to Points Starting in May 2024??

MOOLAH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi y'all, there are some rumours floating around reddit. Can someone here with actual facts please confirm?

1. Will all of our loyalty reward dollars AND $2 autopay AND referral reward dollars AND Community Participation reward dollars be gone for everyone starting this May? People who are on the $13 plan will now be billed $14.69 ($13 and tax in Ontario) without any reward discount dollars?

2. The 5GB data PM is giving to long-term customers isn't permanent but will expire in a few days if you don't use it all?

3. The $15 plan's 100 minutes is only for Outgoing calls? Or is it 100 minutes for Incoming AND Outgoing combined?

4. Does Points lower our bills? How? Please just explain here instead of referring me to some long article.

5. I want to leave PM. What other carriers in Ontario offer discount dollars? What other carriers in Ontario offer $13 or lower prepaid plans?

Thank you!!

10 REPLIES 10

redbull
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

5.  Check around, we should respect this is PM forum and should not discuss other carriers' plan

Like PM respects their long-time and loyal customers?

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

On the community page a search bar is provided for you to find answers. If you can’t find the answers, then you should post your questions here. 

@hTideGnow wrote:

lol @hairbag1 

but serious 5% with points is still better than nothing 🙂

Agreed. PM still has the best value in the 3rd tier networks. This place is full of ex-Freedomites. ..they all come back sooner or later.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

NOT a rumour, read announcement and then read ALL posts discussing lose of $ rewards.

lol @hairbag1 

but serious 5% with points is still better than nothing 🙂

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@MOOLAH 

on the bight side...PM did give us some new avatars back in December !!  😇

@MOOLAH   The points can lower your bills, you just  have to log in to apply them to your bill, it's no longer automatic.  I joined after the points system came in and just applied some of my saved points to lower my next bill.  You can also use points to buy add-ons at a discount.

MOOLAH
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"4. No, generally everyone is worse off"
PM's email made me upset and financially stressed 😡 Reading "No, generally everyone is worse off" made me more upset. "Points" doesn't translate into money at all and doesn't lower our bills at all??? Then what's the point of us having "Points"?? My point is, PM's "Points" is the last straw! 😡

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @MOOLAH 

1. referrals stay. Whatever you have now, you will get the same amount but in points.  
   autopay becomes 5% back in point
    loyalty is a lot worse, just 10 points once every year

2. the bonus GB data you get from PM for this migration is good for 150 days

3. the $15 plans is the same.  The 100 mins is only for outgoing.  But incoming is always free as usua

4. No, generally everyone is worse off

5.  Check around, we should respect this is PM forum and should not discuss other carriers' plan

Need Help? Let's chat.