cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing subscription temporarily during trip to US

DLee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I'm currently in Canada and will be going to US for 4-5 days. Are there any kind of limitations against me changing the subscription to the US-Canada plan for these days, and then changing it back when I'm back?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Believe it or not, PM actually has the cheapest US roaming rates I've seen from a Canadian carrier. They're obviously not as cheap as the $50 Can/US plan, but for periodic usage they provide good value. Alternatively your can get a travel esim from someone like Airalo or Ubigi for cheap US data.

@DLee 

you can rely on Whatsapp or download free TextNow app. They'll use local wifi for free calling / texting while in US. Seems like free wifi is everywhere in US now...you might just have to ask for their password.

DLee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! Roaming options seem incredibly expensive. 3GB for $25 add on vs 40GB for $50 for US-Canada plan. But it looks like I don't have too much of a choice.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

If you change subscription NOW instead of on next renewal you will be immediately charged for new plan.

Not a good idea... Get voip app or US add-on instead.

abtest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you change to another plan immediately, you forfeit whatever was left on your current plan/month.  Also, when you come back, you can only change plans to a plan that still exists.  Are the roaming options not good enough?

Need Help? Let's chat.