cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing provider

Makiies
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, so I wanted to change provider and keep my phone number by transferring it. I decided to wait u until the end of my subscription but I couldn't transfer the number because my account with public mobile was inactive. (I didn't signed up for the other payment) I just pay my plan and was wondering if I transfer my line with someone else will I get a refund? Since basically my account need to be activated to be transferable. 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Nope, doesn't work that way. Line needs to be active to be able to be ported out, and funds are prepaid and non refundable. Your best options would be to reactivate with the cheapest $15 plan and then port out; or activate your normal plan and use it for another 28 days and then port out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Makiies 

no, PM  is prepaid provider and won't provide partial refund. Maybe wait till closer to end of this cycle and port out then to make better use of the cycle you already paid

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Makiies 

No, because Public Mobile is prepaid you pay for the full month of service regardless if you use the full month or not. 

Remember to provide your PM account number and phone number to the new provider when they start the porting process for you. Keep your PM sim in your phone so you can reply yes to the text authorizing the port to take place. Once you lose service on your PM sim is your sign that the port has been completed. At this point put in your new providers sim and reboot the phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.