cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan on renewal date

boywithnoname
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

A few weeks ago, I decided to upgrade my plan to the $55/month-20 GB plan. I wanted the upgrade to occur on my next renewal date, which is today (September 27, 2022).

I just received a text message from Public Mobile that said my plan didn't renew because payment wasn't received.

I looked on my online credit card account and it looks like money was taken out for Public Mobile but for the amount of my old plan ($15/month-10GB plan), however when I go on to my Public Mobile account it shows that I have $55 in funds available, which I assume would be for payment of thew new plan. I understand that it can take a few hours for the whole payment process to occur.

What I am wondering is if

a) Am I being charged twice (once, for my old plan and then again for my new plan)?

b) Should I go ahead into my account and make a payment in order to reactivate my account, or just wait for the system to fully process they payment and switch to the new plan?

Thanks for any information you are able to provide.

19 REPLIES 19

@boywithnoname wrote:

I do indeed have 10GB of date for $15/month, the 10GB/$15 month was a plan I saw couple of months back when I was looking to update my old plan that I've had since I joined Public Mobile.

Thanks for the tip on the 500 mins add on. I will look into that once I get things sorted with my account.

@boywithnoname   Wow...then seriously why would you want to change plans unless you need tons more data?  Your screenshot even shows you being on 4G speed.  I'd recommend that you don't ever change from that plan, or at least I wouldn't!

The 500 minutes which are Canada wide mins don't expire either, so any remaining minutes, if you access them once you've depleted 100 mins before renewal, will keep rolling over until depleted.

boywithnoname

I do indeed have 10GB of date for $15/month, the 10GB/$15 month was a plan I saw couple of months back when I was looking to update my old plan that I've had since I joined Public Mobile.

Thanks for the tip on the 500 mins add on. I will look into that once I get things sorted with my account.

Thanks for the update. The lost/stolen try may have been a shortcut and to avoid needing support. Keep us updated. It's an interesting story.

boywithnoname

I didn't try that method, I used the links that @softech provided to get in touch with a CSA. I am currently corresponding with the CSA now to resolve the issue.

@boywithnoname    We're all assuming that your screenshot is showing erroneous information (not uncommon around here, unfortunately) for the $15 plan as it only comes with 250MB data?  You're not saying that your $15 plan has 10GB data are you?

BTW, you can purchase 500 mins add-on for $5 to supplement your 100 mins or change to $25 which has unlimited talk/texting plus 1GB.

So did you try the lost/stolen link I gave you earlier? We're all very curious of what you have. If you can get the account unsuspended and keep clicking those spinner refresh icons to see what you have...

@softech   Lol...yep, if only! 

OP got the deal of the century with his plan? 😂

boywithnoname

It was a plan I saw in my online account when I was looking to switch from my previous 90-day plan back in August. I just jumped on it, because it was a good deal.

I wanted to jump to the 20GB plan because of the unlimited talk as I am one of those people that still uses a cellphone to talk with people LOL. With my current plan I only get 100 mins of talk lol

@dabr   now, the question is .. how can we jump over to this $15 - 10 GB plan.. LoL

@boywithnoname wrote:

I clicked the refresh arrows in the Plans & Add Ons tab and it still shows 10GB for $15 which was the plan that I was on before I tried to switch to the 20GB for $55 plan

@boywithnoname   Honestly, I don't know why you would ever want to change to another plan if you were on 10GB/$15 plan?   😉

TBH, I don't understand how PM even has that plan appearing on your account.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

There would be a future glitch after trying this but use the lost/stolen function to sort of re-suspend your account

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/en/account/profile/lost-or-stolen-phone

I'm not sure about this function while currently suspended. Then log out and back and resume the account. Maybe something will trigger.

Adding - and keep doing the spinner refresh.

boywithnoname

@softech Thanks for the help, it is much appreciated. I will get in touch with PM Support to resolve the issue.

Thanks you again for helping to troubleshoot the issue and to find some solutions.

@dust2dust   maybe new plan.. lol

@boywithnoname   I think there was a glitch with the plan change renewal.

btw, you have any service now?

Since today is the renewal date, do not wait, open ticket with PM Support and have them confirm.  They can still change your plan if it really a system problem on their end

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

boywithnoname

I clicked the refresh arrows in the Plans & Add Ons tab and it still shows 10GB for $15 which was the plan that I was on before I tried to switch to the 20GB for $55 plan

boywithnoname_1-1664300040601.png

@dust2dust wrote:

@boywithnoname- I actually lol'd when I saw $15 for 10gb. Click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down to maybe see updated data. And it says 10gb not 20gb. My my.

This really becomes messy. $15 with 10GB???? HOW THAT could appear on customer's account????

@boywithnoname- I actually lol'd when I saw $15 for 10gb. Click on the little spinner refresh icons lower down to maybe see updated data. And it says 10gb not 20gb. My my.

boywithnoname

Hi @softech 

Thanks for the reply.

I just logged in to my online account for Public Mobile and this is currently what I see:

boywithnoname_2-1664299217251.png

boywithnoname_3-1664299279911.png

boywithnoname_0-1664299894528.png

Ideally, I would have liked for the new plan to start today (which would have been my renewal day). I just want to get the $55/month-20GB plan. If I try to do the plan update on my next renewal, am I going to run into the same issue at my next renewal date?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@boywithnoname   

Best is to check My Account's Payment History.   Please use Incognito mode to login to My Account for most accurate usage and info.  Check Payment History,  It will show you how many times PM charged you and what amount.  You can post screenshot and we can help if you want.  Also , confirm if it showing the $15 as your current plan when you are using Incognito mode

if you have full $55 in Available fund, even PM charged you twice because of that, the amount was not used and you can leave it there

You can try to reschedule another plan change on the next renewal date.  Since you have full amount in Available Fund there, you should be good 

Unless you need the extra data and call minute now, I do not suggest you to do a Change plan now as it will then change to the new plan , unused days and minutes on the current $15 plan will be forfeited

Let us know what you see and we can advise further

Need Help? Let's chat.