cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing plan mid-way cycle

AudRus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So my current billing cycle is August 24 - November 22, so my next bill isn't until November 22. I want to switch my plan tomorrow because one of the promos ends tomorrow (Canada-US 60GB plan). 

If I change my plan to start tomorrow isntead of renew at end of the cycle - what happens? Do I have to pay the $144 still on that billing cycle PLUS the new cycle ($165)? Or just the $165? Or does switching now going to cost my a total of $300 on November 22? Can someone please explain to me what happens here?

I could get US call minutes and Data in the interim until the my cycle ends (it would be about $45 to bridge me between now and the new cycle). 

6 REPLIES 6

AudRus

Amazing thank you! That was my biggest worry, I like the rewards I have now and didn't want them to change 🙂

HI @AudRus 

No worries, plan change won't affect your rewards.  You won't got changed to Public Points without you explicitly make the change.  

AudRus

Thanks for the info. Ive gone ahead and done the option to change on renewal, though it is a bit annoying that PM doesnt prorate the time you dont use on the current plan. Does complicate the timing on this for me.... 

I asked above, but do you also know if switching over on the plans changes my rewards program? I'm on the old one and absolutely do not want to be on the points rewards plan. Just want to check if this switches me automatically or not. Thanks!

AudRus

Thanks for the feedback. I need the talk to US more than the data, as that is what I'm using now, had a ton of bonus us-canada talk minutes over the years added to my account at various points that PM gave out that never expired. Ive locked in the new plan price now to renew at plan cycle renewal, in the end I think that does make more sense - since I would have to pay the rest of my plan that wasnt yet done AND the new plan price. So Id be paying for an extra month I would have to forgeit. I dont know why they can't set it up so it jut pro-rates it though....

Also do you know if my rewards plan changes? I'm still on the old one and absolutely DO NOT want to be on the new points plan they have. Does the new plan force me over to the new points system?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Personally, @AudRus , i like your idea to get US call minutes and Data in the interim until the cycle ends.  Of course, this will depend on how much services you require in the US, and for how long.

Do that in combination with a "change on renewal" and you're good as gold.

Another option is to acquire a US pre-paid SIM card to cover you while down there.  Many have found that a good option if they're going to be there more than 15 days and require full services the whole time, as it saves from purchasing 2 15-day add-ons over that period.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@AudRus 

When you make a plan change, you will be given choices of Change Now and Change on Renewal

With Change Now, PM will charge you new plan amount and starts new plan, but the unused days on the old plan will be forfeited.  No partial refund.
With Change on Renewal, it is just to schedule a plan change at the end of your current cycle

Understand you want to take advantage of the promo.  You can in fact just make a Change on Renewal request before the end of the promo, the system will schedule the plan change at the end of your current cycle, Nov 22nd in your case.  Yes, PM will honour that.  But take a screenshot of the plan change just in case

Need Help? Let's chat.