cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change cc information on account.

DonnaD
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I went through responses to this question and tried everything, the solution was not forthcoming.  I went to the payment page, had the option of "remove credit card" and "update/amend credit card".  I put in all the new credit card information and I get an error saying card was denied by issuer????? I give up, I'll keep the card I have there now.  I just wanted to change cards, to take advantage of points on an alternate card.

56 REPLIES 56

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@DonnaD 

I'm happy to hear you figured it out without having to test.

@DonnaD 

Yes, unfortunately the website is glitchy that way when you're trying to do something as simple as that.  But now you'll know that for future reference ☺️

Thanks 👍 for the update 😊.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good to hear you resolved the issue!

DonnaD
  1. Thank you to everyone that took the time to offer a solution to my c.c. issue. I'm happy to report it has finally been rectified.  It was a simple error where I put my unit number on the wrong line when adding my cc. A lot of the headache could have been avoided if the error message was more precise of the problem.  By telling me the transaction  was denied by my bank created a waste of time trying to contact my bank when it was not their denial.

@DonnaD 

My offer still stands to give you valid visa gift card info to imput to test whether your address on file is causing the issue. Private message if you would like to take me up on my offer.

DonnaD

Thank you for your thoughts.  I have been the victim of a credit card fraud also and the company denied my card when I went to go fill up with gas.  However, they had the courtesy of calling me and leaving a message to contact them immediately.  The idea here that my cc company is the one declining the card is simply not true.  When I finally got through to my bank, they assured me they did not refuse any type of request from me.  In fact they were aware of the numerous attempts to add it.

DonnaD

You are right and my patience was already dangerously thin after dealing with my bank.  But I have given it a full 24 hrs. and still no luck.  I'm not in a mood to try it today either.  I have to go to work and don't want to start off the day in a bad mood. LOL

DonnaD

I did try numerous times on Sunday, no luck.  Tried Monday, no luck, tried Tuesday, no luck.  So I believe I've given it a bit of a break inbetween.

DonnaD

Nowhere does it say to leave an apt. or unit blank.  That does not make sense to me since it is not my true address without the additional information.  I was also told by my cc company that they likely declined the card because I had indicated the unit in a different format.  That being said, why on earth would public mobile deny a card and say it's the cc company's fault?  If the whole issue is because I put my unit number in, why don't they just say that?  It's terrible to make people jump through hoops to get anywhere - here and with my bank.

DonnaD

You are right in some ways.  I was told by one person I got through to, that they would have to have someone call me within 2 business days.  That never happened either.  But they do know my frustration and I've said as much through social media, which they seem to be more concerned about than people sitting on hold for hrs.

DonnaD

And one phone call to them was 2 hrs and 15 minutes before I hung up!!

Technicals

👌

it's 2022

I got no time to waste on the phone 

totally agree with what @Technicals said.  

When you called a line, many time you have to online and listen to music for 20+ mins, you don't want to go anywhere without the phone as you worry you miss it while you just go to next room to grab something.

With PM, at least you open a ticket and you can check the message and reply whenever you have time.    

Technicals

not always when a company has a customer service phone line that means they can help you,

I've been using Bell and Telus for years and sometimes they have to go to a lot of support tickets and agents and departments till anything gets done

but with public mobile, I found that the agents who take the ticket usually know what they say and usually things get resolved

you just need some patience and message the right agent

👇

CS_Agent

this is the name to send a message to 

@DonnaD  - ugh frustration, sorry to hear it. Did you get a ticket submitted to customer support?

The Help Articles do say, leave unit number blank.

If you didn’t register a credit or Visa debit card at activation, you can do so by signing in to Self-Serve. Once signed in, click on the ‘Payment’ tab, then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Register my Credit or Visa Debit Card’. We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/register-your-payment-card

Maybe you are locking up your account with Public Mobile due to too many attempts. Take a break for an hour, then start fresh.

🤞

@DonnaD 

You may not like this but I am going to suggest you take your own advice...

‎08-31-2021 06:31 AM

Thanks to everyone who took the time to offer a solution/suggestion to my problem.  After 24 hrs. it is finally as it should be.  I deleted the auto pay yesterday which didn't seem to go through for hours.  Actually I'm not sure when it did finally go through.  I got into my account today and it shows the cc and auto pay was deleted.  So I added the new cc as I was trying to do for days..  I guess the solution was to have patience and give it at least 24 hrs.

DonnaD

I took the credit card off because I wanted to add a new one and now I can't add it.

DonnaD

This way of doing business is so primitive to me. If I don't get this solved within the next day, I'm giving up and going elsewhere 

Technicals

CS_Agent is not a robot

A live agent takes your request and deals with it.

Message them they should change you cc on file I did it it's simple 

HopeBlake
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Im having same thing

Koombassi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@DonnaD @All good advice from the Community. For what it's worth, here's a caution. A few days ago I was having trouble processing an online payment at a well known retailer. My card kept rejecting. THEN, I got an email from from cc company saying they detected potential fraud activity (too many attempts in a row) and temporarily froze my card. I explained the problem, they released the gold on my card immediately and then I was able to finally complete my transaction with the retailer; this time without a hitch. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@DonnaD I believe your best bet is to contact the support agents as suggested by @BKNS27   in most liklyhood your account has been flagged by too many failed attempts.  no matter what you try only the agents will be able to unlock it.  

Technicals

Go to messages and send a message to 

👇👇

CS_Agent

Tell them your issue they'll fix it right away

@DonnaD 

Can you show us how your address is displayed and type out how you are imputting it by changing the details to a fake address like this:

1. DARLA DARLING
  2. 123-100 4TH AVE W
  3. MY TOWN
  4. PROVINCE
  5. X0X0X0
  6. CANADA

You can also completely drop the apt/unit number from your address and/or if your billing address displays a space in the postal code then keep the space and drop the last digit.

@DonnaD 

Updating Credit Card information

Before logging into your self-serve account, recommend following this procedure to avoid the common glitches that sometimes occur with this process:

1. Clear your browser's cache & cookies
  2. Use incognito mode
  3. Now, log into your self-serve account
  4. Click Payment tab
  5. Select "Manage My Card"
  6. Select "replace card"
  7. Type your address exactly as from your billing statement
  8.  Don't use a space in the postal code
  9.  Use ALL CAPS if necessary
  10.  Type everything, not letting autofill complete any fields

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DonnaD 

you can Remove your credit card and Logout and

i suggest you close all Browser and do clear cache and cookies for any Browser,

and try open one Browser incognito mode,

or try it for a different Browser and open incognito mode,

how to open Browser incognito mode visit Here link,

how to clear cache and cookies and History visit Here link,

and use a Browser from your computer,is better

use Browser microsoft edge or chrome latest version
and just make sure your Browser is up to date update
sometime is the Browser is not update is give a issue.

how to update your Browser visit Here link, 

and Restart your computer, is will help a lot,

and if you use a home internet take your power internet off for about

a 1 minute and put it back on,to refreshing your network,

and log in and re-entered your credit details,

just make sure your credit card number and your address match the same,

sometime your typing but is a one word or letter or number is a wrong or missing just make sure for it.

How To Update or Remove Your Payment

Follow these steps:

1. sign in to Self-Serve.  Once signed in,

2. click on the ‘Payment’ tab,

then scroll to the bottom of the page and select ‘Manage my card’.

you will have the option to either select ‘Replace this card’, or ‘Remove this card’.

You will need to review and confirm this change to your account,

and if can't fix it you need To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agentand Explain your issue to them can solve your issue, they are nice service Team the will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent,

• send a private message to Customer Support Agent by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: Public Mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

@DonnaD 

PM is an online support and no real person to talk to.

You need to contact a CS_Agent by clicking on the SIMon chat button then type in Create a Ticket then follow the prompts.

Or click on the envelope icon and private message CS_Agent and explain your issue.

Meanwhile, try clearing the cache on your browser and go on incognito then login your account.

DonnaD

How do I get real support from this company???? I have spent 3 days trying to add a credit card to my  account. I keep getting error message saying transaction denied by card issuer. After spending hrs on hold with my credit card company, they say it is not from their end. They can see numerous attempts to add the card to public mobile. They did indicate I must use my exact address that is on file with them. I obviously put my unit number in the wrong spot when putting in my card information. I just tried it again EXACTLY as it is with my bank and still get the error. I need someone with some kind of authority to step in and make this happen. How do I get help???

DonnaD

Thanks to everyone who took the time to offer a solution/suggestion to my problem.  After 24 hrs. it is finally as it should be.  I deleted the auto pay yesterday which didn't seem to go through for hours.  Actually I'm not sure when it did finally go through.  I got into my account today and it shows the cc and auto pay was deleted.  So I added the new cc as I was trying to do for days..  I guess the solution was to have patience and give it at least 24 hrs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DonnaD : Did you contact the CSA's? Yes it should be easier....like the activation screen... but here we are.

Edit: Yes if you're still seeing autopay as on then it didn't delete. Did you click on the little Manage my card link to the lower left? Then remove card? Then autopay should go off. Then see if re-adding the card might work. But I suspect the card entry has been locked out.

Need Help? Let's chat.