cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change an existing plan

toddk1962
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My wife's plan went up recently. She does not require the new data and wants a less expensive plan. Public Mobile will not allow her to downgrade to a less expensive plan. What are her options to get a less expensive plan.

10 REPLIES 10

@toddk1962  You are correct that her plan stayed the same price ($29) and she got $5 off per month. However, she only got 3 gig of data. Now she has no cash discount and gets 10 gig data. That she does not require.

She will get points worth 5% of her payment, plus 10 points annually, plus 1 point per month if she has any referrals, so it's not totally without discount, just not as good.  But I'm surprised that the features (i.e. amount of data) would have changed, that doesn't usually happen without the customer initiating/accepting the change.   There was a limited time data bonus given to people who were switched from the old rewards system, it expires soon, could that be contributing to the extra data?

EB0
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@toddk1962 

You can try to contact support through Chatbot link below, they may be downgrade your plan, but they may reject your request, there are not a lot of success recently in downgrading plans.

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

EB0

@toddk1962 

It looks like public mobile is willing to take the risk of losing customers forever instead of allowing them to downgrade 

This situation may be changing in the future, public may allow the existing customers to downgrade, but no one knows when

toddk1962

And, the plan she was on was an old one.

toddk1962

You are correct that her plan stayed the same price ($29) and she got $5 off per month. However, she only got 3 gig of data. Now she has no cash discount and gets 10 gig data. That she does not require.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@toddk1962   Probably she was on the old $ rewards system which was changed in May thus her plan did not go up, it just reverted to the original amount she was paying when she first got the plan.  From now on points are collected that can be redeemed for $ off the bill or off add ons.  I'm wondering what you mean by the "new data", did the plan somehow change without her doing anything?  That should not happen.

toddk1962

You can bet, if she has to leave, WE won't be back.

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @toddk1962 

If your wife is wanting a lower priced plan with Public Mobile, If she doesn't care about her phone number, she can just start up a new contract with whatever plan she wants and get a new number. If she wants to keep her number, she would have to port out to another service provider, then, port back into Public Mobile. THIS however, risks her coming back as she may like the other service provider better and may not come back. Public Mobile seems to be OK with risking this.

toddk1962

I can't believe they are willing to lose business with a long term customer. Shows their true colors. You can bet this will be posted on social media. Thanks for the reply.

EB0

@toddk1962 

Unfortunately, most of the existing customers can’t downgrade to less expensive plans 
You can port out to another provider, then port back in as a new customer if you want 

Need Help? Let's chat.