cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do i lose holiday promos if change plans?

latebuyer
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I thought there was something about losing promotions in fine print and just checking on this. Sorry wasn’t sure how to label.

5 REPLIES 5

@computergeek541   The OP's question was about holiday bonuses so I was only addressing that rather than this year's loyalty data bonus.  I didn't have the luxury of a loyalty award since I've only ever been on points but I do have an unlimited data plan where the holiday bonuses are "incompatible".

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@latebuyer   If you change to a plan with unlimited data usually any holiday data bonuses become "incompatible" but they aren't lost, they just stay on the plan to be used if you ever switch back to a "compatible" plan.

According to Public Mobile, the loyalty bonus is never supposed to go incompatible and is supposed to be usable with the plans with unlimited data at reduced speeds.  I have seen the 240GB data bonus still shown as compatible on both a $34 and $40 Canda-wide plan.  I have also seen it shown as incompatible (which isn't supposed to happne) in a screenshot shown by a Community member.  Soon, this won't be a factor as these loyalty bonus data add-ons will be expiring soon.

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@latebuyer   If you change to a plan with unlimited data usually any holiday data bonuses become "incompatible" but they aren't lost, they just stay on the plan to be used if you ever switch back to a "compatible" plan.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @latebuyer no, you won't 

holiday promo bonus will stay until all used up

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @latebuyer 

If you have received Holiday Bonuses in the last several years, you will NOT lose those in any ways shape or form. HOWEVER, if you're recently received the Loyalty Data which Public Mobile gave to you for being loyal, their caveat was if you lower your plan you lose it. However, many here, including myself, have fought the system to get it back because it was for your loyalty, not plan related. Hope this helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.