cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Phone Plan Price Increase

StillWaters
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $10 monthly plan. I just received a notification that the price of this plan will increase to $13 starting April 28th. Is the price of all the cell phone plans offered by Public Mobile also increasing on this date. Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@PublicMobile21 : I agree that it effectively wipes out the loyalty reward. Sucks. Illegal? Everything goes up in price. Gas, groceries, loans, fees, taxes. I don't like it either. The company changed their policies around price increases after the fall 2016 revolt. So here we are.

$3 increase might seem insignificant but as somebody calculated it is 30% price hike! Did your wage increase 30% for this year?

I believe a lot of people on old plan will be upset. Lets wait until @darlicious logs in...

As @z10user4 mentioned, do you loudly complain at the gas pump with gas increase of almost 20 cents within past few days? How about grocery bill? Feel the pain? I DO!

@Yummy wrote:

As @z10user4 mentioned, do you loudly complain at the gas pump with gas increase of almost 20 cents within past few days?

@Yummy : I have an EV 🙂 buck 95 for gas in Metro Van!...crapper jack!

@z10user4 wrote:

I have an EV 🙂 buck 95 for gas in Metro Van!...crapper jack!

Yep. I can see Shell has it at $2.029 at 2103 W Broadway & Arbutus St, and other Shell pumps... But you know what BC stands for...

EV!? That is nice. But did you ever calculate how much $ to fully charge it? And difference between EV vs. ICE car cost?

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I just received email today.

softech
Mayor / Maire

I guess PM is testing water now... more negative responses will the delay a full price increase for the rest of the plans, I hope  🙂

@Meow : Topic has long since been in the lounge. Cost of charge varies like the price of gas and the quantity put in. But my battery is 64kwh. So from 0 (like an ICEV you would really never be at 0) to full, charging at home if you can, my current rate is 13¢/kwh comes to $8.32. Compare that to my old Jeep that I frequently put about 70 litres into is now at $142. Um...yikes!

@softech wrote:

I guess PM is testing water now... more negative responses will the delay a full price increase for the rest of the plans, I hope  🙂

What do you suggest then? All $10 plans to start sending notes to agents?

@Yummy wrote:

@softech wrote:

What do you suggest then? All $10 plans to start sending notes to agents?

@Yummy   that is a good suggestion, but the $10 plans subscribers need to understand they won't turn back the time, their $3 increase will for sure come as scheduled.. not, just whether they can stop the storm for the rest of the community (those on other plans) .  LoL 

@Yummy  .. and my crystal ball tells me someone will come out and say they are writing to BBB, CRTC or PM Trudeau.  😂