Help !

Dianneforman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can not receive phone calls or text messages after switching providers 

11 REPLIES 11

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Dianneforman 

Contact customer support to request porting. Immediately afterwards call the following number for Rogers port out request department to authorize the port request. You may want to call them first so they can explain the correct procedure when porting out without a SIM card to authorize the port request. 1 eight hundred 7 two 6 - seven 8 six 4 (sorry but the spam filter likes to delete posts that contain certain number combinations).

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Dianneforman wrote:

I’m transferring from Rogers and they told me I had to contact public mobile

@Dianneforman  - submit a ticket with customer support by the link I provided above, and then call Rogers to see if you can give a verbal okay to approve the port over.

But, your Rogers account needs to be active to port over.

@Dianneforman wrote:

I don’t have the old sim unfortunately:( this has been happening since april 20th

@Dianneforman   When porting, your old provider will text you for your authentication and need you to reply YES within 90 mins.  This is a critical part of porting

Call your old provider back and ask if they allow to port with a verbal approval on the phone.  If they agree, good.  if not you will have to buy a new sim for that provider to complete that part of the process in order for porting to complete

Dianneforman

I’m transferring from Rogers and they told me I had to contact public mobile

Dianneforman

I don’t have the old sim unfortunately:( this has been happening since april 20th

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Dianneforman  - restart your phone, and perform a reset of the device's network settings.

If you have activated a new account and transferred over from another provider, note that incoming calls are usually the last to port over.

• Cell ports can take 2-3 hours. Use the previous provider's SIM card to receive the porting transfer text for approval to port to port over to Public Mobile and to receive calls from until port is complete.
  • Landline/voip ports can take 3+ days. Expect a mix of services on the landline and Public Mobile SIM card until port is complete.

When the incoming calls stop on the previous provider’s SIM card and/or landline/voip account, that is a good indication the port is complete.

If still issues, submit a ticket with Public Mobile representatives (CSA) for help; click this link: to request the transfer of your number over to Public Mobile.

See helpful info. here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dianneforman  You can make outgoing phone calls, right?  

You requested porting?  did you reply YES to your old provider within 90 minutes?

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Who was your previous provider, I'm assuming your porting a number over? Also was it prepaid or postpaid?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

If you tried to transfer your number then did you leave the old sim in and confirm the text?

Need Help? Let's chat.