cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cell Phone Plan Price Increase

StillWaters
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the $10 monthly plan. I just received a notification that the price of this plan will increase to $13 starting April 28th. Is the price of all the cell phone plans offered by Public Mobile also increasing on this date. Thanks.

26 REPLIES 26

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@fctommy 

Are you affected as well?

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

fctommy

This is unethical practice. Welcome to Canada

@PatB   PM has been sending  out wrong email a lot  lately for some reason.   Just ignore it... the price hike wave not hitting you yet..   🙂

PatB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes, from $10 to $13, even though I've never been on that plan. 

Hi Patricia,
We would like to keep you informed of upcoming changes to your Mobility account associated with the phone number etc. 
The current price of your plan will increase from $10 to $13 starting April 28, 2022. Your payment method will automatically reflect the new amount of $13 so no further action is required from you.
You can manage your services by logging into your account online at etc. 
The Public Mobile Team

@PatB   but it was talking about from $10 to $13, right? 

It didn't say just your plan include by $3, right?    Just want to make sure that this $3 increase not spreading across to other plans as well.

PatB

I also received this exact same email on the 04th. which threw me for a loop, because I've never been on the $10 per month plan... From my first day with PM, I've been on the $35 per month plan, so I'm not sure if this email is an outright error, or a warning of things to come. 😞  

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Yummy 

Lol....oh I have logged in alright......

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, email, phone # and 4 digit acct pin #.

@Yummy  .. and my crystal ball tells me someone will come out and say they are writing to BBB, CRTC or PM Trudeau.  😂

@Yummy wrote:

@softech wrote:

I guess PM is testing water now... more negative responses will the delay a full price increase for the rest of the plans, I hope  🙂

What do you suggest then? All $10 plans to start sending notes to agents?

@Yummy   that is a good suggestion, but the $10 plans subscribers need to understand they won't turn back the time, their $3 increase will for sure come as scheduled.. not, just whether they can stop the storm for the rest of the community (those on other plans) .  LoL 

@softech wrote:

I guess PM is testing water now... more negative responses will the delay a full price increase for the rest of the plans, I hope  🙂

What do you suggest then? All $10 plans to start sending notes to agents?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meow : Topic has long since been in the lounge. Cost of charge varies like the price of gas and the quantity put in. But my battery is 64kwh. So from 0 (like an ICEV you would really never be at 0) to full, charging at home if you can, my current rate is 13¢/kwh comes to $8.32. Compare that to my old Jeep that I frequently put about 70 litres into is now at $142. Um...yikes!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Jackhyf63
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I just received email today.

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an EV 🙂 buck 95 for gas in Metro Van!...crapper jack!

Yep. I can see Shell has it at $2.029 at 2103 W Broadway & Arbutus St, and other Shell pumps... But you know what BC stands for...

EV!? That is nice. But did you ever calculate how much $ to fully charge it? And difference between EV vs. ICE car cost?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Yummy wrote:

As @Anonymous mentioned, do you loudly complain at the gas pump with gas increase of almost 20 cents within past few days?

@Yummy : I have an EV 🙂 buck 95 for gas in Metro Van!...crapper jack!

$3 increase might seem insignificant but as somebody calculated it is 30% price hike! Did your wage increase 30% for this year?

I believe a lot of people on old plan will be upset. Lets wait until @darlicious logs in...

As @Anonymous mentioned, do you loudly complain at the gas pump with gas increase of almost 20 cents within past few days? How about grocery bill? Feel the pain? I DO!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PublicMobile21 : I agree that it effectively wipes out the loyalty reward. Sucks. Illegal? Everything goes up in price. Gas, groceries, loans, fees, taxes. I don't like it either. The company changed their policies around price increases after the fall 2016 revolt. So here we are.

StillWaters

RocketMan - I smiled and shook my head. It isn't about the three dollars...it is about the 30% increase. If Public Mobile is only applying this price increase to the no longer offered $10 plan, then it is a classless thing to do.

darkomega
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Typical Telus move, I'm not surprised.

PublicMobile21

Ought to be illegal

PublicMobile21

+1

This is garbage. PM lures in users with the low cost plan & loyalty rewards then discontinues both & declares war on the grandfathered users by wiping out my 3 years of loyalty $3 discount with a $3 price increase.

Absolute garbage tactics & an untrustworthy carrier who's rewards program isn't worth anything because once you accrue any they make sure to nullify it with price increases. Ought to be illegal.

RocketMan

Lame move.  There should be a law against a 30% increase.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

No notification for current plans. I do not want to receive any....

PublicMobile21

+1, also just received,

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I think it is just for the old plan, so disappointed. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

We haven't heard any others yet.

Need Help? Let's chat.