cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant get the SIM to work on my Iphone 7

KhanMoez
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I reaaally need some help right about now, I bought my SIM card a couple days ago now, activated it, requested to port my number from telus, bought a plan, and then proceeded to insert the new SIM into my phone.

It hasnt given me any sign of activation, havnt seen any bars or anything, even though i did get a text while my old SIM was active saying that my number tranfer was completed. 

But now both of the SIM cards that I have seem useless and even though when I Log into my PM acount it says i have the plan active and everything. @CS_Agent

22 REPLIES 22

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

The sim is probably fine. It sounds like there’s an issue on PMs end with your account. 

KhanMoez

@Rockdaddy22  just got a PM reply from a mod. He said that the acount wasnt activated on their end, and that it will take 3 biusness days to fix this issue...I told him about the SIM issue so now lets wait another 3 days..jk but thank you so much for the help, I appreaciate it.

KhanMoez

yes i messaged the mod team about 2 days ago now...I got it from wallmart. Am i able to get a new SIM and attach it to my acount or how is this going to work? I think i already ported my number. Personally i thought it was that reason alone because PM was having trouble porting telus numbers but now my SIM entirely doesnt work? im not sure what to do abou this @Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22

I would definitely talk to the mods before getting a new sim, maybe something is corrupted on the back in their system or something. 

Rockdaddy22

Where did you get the sim? Have you contacted any mods about this issue?

KhanMoez

ok so i tried the SIM in my sisters i phone 6s and there is still no srevice. So how can i go about this? @Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22

If it works with Telus then we’re good on that end. 

KhanMoez

The reason why I dont think its locked is because I bought this Phone straight from apple. Unless it got locked when i joined telus @Rockdaddy22

Rockdaddy22

If it doesn’t then I’d say it’s a bad sim. If it does then we need to further troubleshoot your iPhone 7

KhanMoez

no i havnt, i can go and quickly try that, what if it works in a different phone? and what if it doesnt? what does that indicate?

Rockdaddy22

Could your phone be locked?

Rockdaddy22

Have you tried your sim in a different phone?

KhanMoez

hey @Rockdaddy22 so i did that, mine says public mibile 32.0 now aaaaand still no service. 

Rockdaddy22

Go to Settings/General/About

Check your carrier settings there mines at 32.0, it’ll update automatically when you open About under General 

KhanMoez

hey @srlawren could you kinda explain to me what a career update is? Please dont mind me asking, its just Ive tried almost everything I possibly can and I just want to know what exactly is going on, just for learning. Thank you so much for your help btw! 

srlawren

Could someone help @KhanMoez with the carrier update procedure?  @Luddite or @Rockdaddy22, perhaps?  Thank you!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

KhanMoez

@Jmckimmie007, yea that is so brutal, i dont think i can afford to do that, I already lost all my data once and i really dont want o go through that again. 

Sorry to hear though, Im sure there is someother way to resolve this problem, has to be...

KhanMoez

oh yea I have turned my phone on and off a bunch of times, and nothing. I have the 40 dollar plan with unlimited text calling and 4.5 gb data. Yes youre right when I go into setting it does say something about PM but nothing helpfull. I think it leads to the acount web page on safari or something. 

Atleast it recognizes that its a PM SIM but i still have no service. 

But regardless thank you so much for taking the time to try to help me, i really appreciate it! @Anonymous

Jmckimmie007

I had issues as well, only thing that worked was resetting my iPhone, then setting it up as a new iPhone... if I restored it from backup it wouldn’t work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Power cycling - turning the phone off and then back on.  Unfortunately moderators are still backed up.  Could take up to 48 hours to get a response.

Perhaps someone else will have some other suggestions.  What type of plan do you have?  Is it talk/text/data?  Normally you should at least see the network once the SIM is in and recognized.

KhanMoez

Yes @Anonymous it is the same phone and also I bought it from apple and then put a Telus SIM card in it and started using their prepaid service and im sorry but im not aware of "power cycling"? 

I also contacted the moderator team via PM yesterday a number of times, but no reply...

I have also tried resetting my network setting on my phone and that also did not apear to work( heard it has worked for people before)

On my PM acount it also says the plan is active and everything.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KhanMoez, Are you using the same phone you were using with Telus?  If not, are you sure the phone is unlocked and compatible with Public Mobile?  If the phone was used with Telus previously, it is as compatible with PM as it was with Telus.

Also, the steps you took indicate activated SIM card, and then bought a plan.  With PM, there is no plan without a SIM card.  Just want to be sure... You would have registered/signed up for PM with a plan, and identified the SIM card at that time.  At the same time, you can chose a new number (temporarily), or ask to port in your old number.  Since you received a message indicating that the old account was deactivated, then the port should have gone through.

Since you have swapped SIM cards (?), that also means you have power cycled your phone.

I suggest you send a private message to the moderator team and ask them to look into it.  Include account# or phone number as well as account PIN (if you know it) in order to speed up identification.  Be aware that the moderators a still a bit behind, and it might take 24-48 hrs for a response.

Click here to send the moderator team a private message. Their hours are: Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM(EST) & Sat/Sun 9AM-7:30PM(EST)
You can find information regarding the moderator team by following this link.

Need Help? Let's chat.