cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access account due to old email and new account system

bradseward
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So, I've been a public mobile customer for almost (if not) a decade. I used to have my account linked to a school email that I now see has been deactivated.

With the new system that was put in place, I'm unable to create a new MyAccount account, and cant log in to the community account as I forget the username and cant access that deactivated email to get a new one.

Who can I speak to about correcting this chainlink of issues?

9 REPLIES 9

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bradseward 

You can certainly use a different community account to contact customer support. Use private messaging rather than the chatbot as you would probably go around in circles a few times with verification.

Did you forget the community account username? Or the password? Or both? Did you ever post with it in the community? Unless you had important info saved in your private messages or significant stats etc....that you really want to keep or recover then gaining access to it since you already need to change the email address of your self serve account may not be necessary?  You might as well just create a new community account using the new email address (unless you already have with this account). 

Presumably once you verify your self serve account and confirm the current email with the CSA they could locate the associated community account. At that point I'm sure there is a process where they can change both emails at the same time or reset the password or something along those lines similar to the process when a customer forgets their login credentials for their self serve account.

The community account email is easily changed by the customer (in your profile if you have access to your community account) it just can't be an email currently used on another community account (you can't directly swap emails you need a placeholder email to do so). Only a CSA can change your community account's username.

If you end up creating a new community account and username try to avoid using personal details like your full name, phone number etc....or certain slang terms or even innocently suggestive nicknames as a few Richards have found out I'm sure?!!

I hope this helps....?🤔

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are your services working? If so then you can use the SMS option for the password reset. The registered email address is just login credentials for here. It could be anything.

If you're suspended then you can use 611 to enter vouchers or if you know your 4 digit account pin then you can use the registered credit card in 611 too. Or you can use the real time payments method in some stores.

When you pay up then your services should reactivate and then you can use the SMS option to reset your password.

But at the end of the day yes you would want to get the support people to change the registered email address.

bradseward

Yes, thank you for being the person that understood the situation! Any ideas on how I can get access to the other account (that is actually the one associated with my account, not this one).

bradseward

Thanks, but I dont have access to the original account the phone number is under, and I need a community account to make a ticket. Will making a ticket with this new community account work to get access to that other account?

bradseward

No. I had to create a new account.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@bradseward 

Are you having trouble accessing both your self serve account and your community account and have created a new community account to ask your question? 

Alexandf
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@bradseward 

open ticket with PM support At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket 

have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS_Agent 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Obviously you CAN log in to Community 🙂

As for to log in into your PM account you can continue using your old email + password. Email does not have to be active.

If you want to change/update your email contact agent as only they can do that for you.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@bradsewardhi click on your avatar top right corner go into settings to change your community email to set up an account email click here  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=2BXKyAsUGl2N10AVl7w...

Need Help? Let's chat.