cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive phonecalls and messages.

Ying2010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I try to activate my new public mobile service. It has been more than 4 days that I cannot receive any

phone call and message. Can you help me on that?

5 REPLIES 5

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Ying2010 

if your are porting the number into PM, can you check if your other carrier's sim card still functioning?  If it is, then the port is not completed, stuck port.  But  PM porting support team can help.  I have sent you the porting support team number.  Please check your Community inbox (envelope on top right), check for the number and call

Ok, click on the link I sent. It will go directly to public mobile staff. They will inform you of next steps. They will ask you for validation questions like name, phone number, etc.

But why can't you receive sms? Your account must be active to port. You would probably have to go back to them and ask them to approve it manually first. 

If it's a home phone, no sms will be sent. It will be automatically done after a few days.

Ying2010
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I cannot receive any SMS.  That is why I cannot confirm the port. What I need to do next?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ying2010  Have you tried rebooting the phone ? Did you port a number over ? If so did you leave old providers SIM card in the phone to reply YES to the confirmation text to port ?

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Hi, did you port your number from another carrier? If so did you reply to the SMS to confirm the port?

If you had another carrier is that SIM still active?

You will need to contact Public Mobile directly for assistance. 

Click on theink below to send them a message and provide the details.  They will reply via same message to your inbox.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.