cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot message when no internet

Violets
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It appeared that I cannot message when I have no internet.

Also, 

I have been using Public since October, 2021.   I was referred from a friend and I thought I used the refer friend code she gave me when I activated my phone.  She told me that she hasn't seen anything on her reward.  As well, I thought I will receive a one time $ 10 credit to my account, but I have not seen it.  Please help.

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Violets 

Check your Self Serve account under My Rewards>Access Rewards and it should show the last 4 digits of your friends phone number as per @Yummy screen shot.

Check with your friend if they got a text from PM indicating “Cha-ching! You just added to your Refer A Friend Reward - way to go! Keep referring to earn more. View your Rewards at account”.

If nothing is showing on your friends account and didn’t get the text.

The referral code maybe entered incorrectly so contact a CS_Agent by private messaging and click the envelope icon.

As for the messaging, check your settings and follow @HALIMACS instructions.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Violets 

If Android, try adjusting Chat messages options:

1. tap Messaging app, 
  2. tap 3 little dots top right, 
  3. select Settings, 
  4. under Chat settings, scroll to "Select default messaging type", 
  5. toggle it to Automatic or Text/multimedia msg

For Apple, adjust the iMessage settings:

1. tap the Settings app,
  2. tap Messages,
  3. turn  iMessage off by toggling the switch to grey from green.

Re the"missing referral", if you're certain it wasn't applied (check "view payment history" on BOTH accounts), contact the Customer Support Agents here

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

- SMS should work if you have cell phone service

- MMS (multimedia, pictures, etc.) require DATA to be on. MMS will NOT use your data allowance but that setting has to be on.

- Does your friend sees this on her account:

Yummy_0-1644098423367.png

If she does not see your phone's last 4 digits then you did not provide valid referral code.

YOU would have to contact agent and provide correct referral code.

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Violets 

Are you on Android or iPhone? And what messaging app are you using if on Android? If it's Google's Messages, you can choose to turn off chat features temporarily to try to diagnose the issue.

You will have to contact CS_Agent with your account details for them to add the referral to your account.

VIP_Tech
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Violets 

for MMS photo send you need a data open, for SMS no need data,

for referred they will apply within 72hr... for your friend will see it right away but for new system is will be 48hr they will be see it, after 3 day not see it get in touch with  Customer Support Agent (publicmobile.ca)

CSA Hours Of Operation (publicmobile.ca)

Verify your identity (publicmobile.ca)

Need Help? Let's chat.