cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling plan

MarcPletsch
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I had bought a public mobile sim for my visiting family from Germany. Unfortunately they didn’t cancel before taking the SIM back to Europe. I had them provide the sign in credentials and share the first email vertification code, but it asked me for a second one sent to the phone number that is no longer in use. Is there a way I can cancel or verify with just the email verification?

Thank you for any advice 

Marc

9 REPLIES 9

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yes that is me.  I am just so frustrated with public mobile. I've got a ticket open that should be very simple to fix but I can't do it myself. It's been about 4 days now long delays between contact with myself in the cs agents. They've got me confused with another client so I don't know the status of my issue I know I'm getting messages that my ticket will be closed within 24 hours if I don't respond yet it takes them over 24 hours to get back to me. 

We have a decent package of internet and TV services with Bell Canada, and there's an offer on right now for us as current subscribers to add a mobile phone package and conveniently for me it's the same price I'm paying right now, it doubles up the data from 50 to 100 GB increases the 5G speed and becomes unlimited if I happen to go over which I want and had a startled down to 512 KBs. I don't trip to the US so I won't be missing my us unlimited calling and usable data and roaming. 

As it goes in life you want to talk with your pocket and get the plan that's is best suit for you and most convenient. My wallet tells me to give up with public mobile because the points plan is useless and support sucks.

HI @Stonechucker1 

are you actually @stonechucker the Oracle from before?

So, you left and came back and leaving again?

Stonechucker1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Just the other day, I typed in a wrong code number when I was doing the two rabbit, and right below the second one there was a link to say I did not get the code I chose that option and it allowed me to send it to my honor record email. 

Are you saying that link is not there anymore? If it's not Public Mobile is making so many changes that I'm actually leaving this weekend. Tries to be nuts that they don't do testing of their services before launching drastic changes. They seem to lose too many things that are helpful for our customer and frustrating her and users who just want to get things done. 

I used to be a long time member. I went away because I found a better plan. I came back because I found a better plan here that I really liked and unfortunately I lost all my boards and I'm on the points by now. I don't care about the point playing because it takes forever to reduce the value of my bill. That's why I'm leaving and all the frustrations of having trying right now with customer support who take forever to respond to and then if you don't respond to them within an hour they send you an email saying that within 24 hours if you don't respond, the system will automatically. I wish you luck I'm switching about this weekend, between similar planned what I have here without us Roman and data and calling, but it's actual 5G speed not throttle and twice as much data for the same price and paying now here.

MarcPletsch

Thanks a lot for taking the time to advise. Much appreciated!

Ouch, sorry. Most things here are hit and miss from day to day unfortunately. 

People usually recommend clearing cache or going incognito. 

They will response via the Community mailbox. Might have to click the avatar beside the bell, then the Messages tab.

MarcPletsch

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately no matter how many times the 2nd verification sticks to text or voice call on the number. I’m trying to reach someone, I managed to send a ticket to a CS rep through another thread about lost phone, they responded and I replied with the pertinent account info, but. Ow I can’t find for the life of me where to access these messages. This has to be one of the worst services I’ve ever seen. I travel a lot and use similar models in other countries and never had an issue like this. 

@MarcPletsch Usually you have to keep doing like 5-6 times and then you will get that other option for email. But if it doesn't work send a message to public mobile because that's the only way.

MarcPletsch

Hi! 
thanks so much for your reply, but there’s no way to send the 2nd vertification to email. I can get through the first email vertification no problem, but after that for the 2nd the only options are voice and text message. Surely there has to be a way around this? 

TheSterlinger
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MarcPletsch  you should be able to get the code to the email address no? Click didn't get code and the option to send to email. 

Once you are in, slide the you are subscribed but to off. After 90 days of non payment,  the account will be closed. 

If that doesn't work and you cannot sign in, message public mobile directly amd explain and ask them to do it for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.