Did you mean: 

Canada-Wide Talk and Canada-Wide Long Distance

JohnnyB1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What is the difference? 

8 REPLIES 8

JohnnyB1

Thanks for that explanation.  I didn't realize that LOCAL calls would start using the Long Distance add-on after the 100 minutes of subscription were used.  I just tested it, and VOILA!

@JohnnyB1 

the Canada wide LD add-on should just take over seamlessly once you run out of regular plan minutes. If you run outta the Canada wide calling add-on, I'd suggest you either upgrade to a plan with Unlimited Canada calling time OR get another $5 / 500 minutes add-on.

added..the $15 plan includes Unlimited Incoming calls from anywhere on planet earth and merely 100 minutes of outgoing calls made while that call originated in Canada...calling to either local or long distance. Once you hit the 100 minute mark, your outgoing calls stop until next renewal or you get an add-on or upgrade to better plan.

JohnnyB1

Thanks Yummy.  I have the plan that limits me to 100 minutes, but how do I use the 455 minutes in my Canada-Wide Long Distance minutes, if not by placing a long distance call?

@JohnnyB1 wrote:

I called an Ontario number from Alberta, thinking I was using the 455 minutes left in my Canada-Wide Long Distance add-on.  However, I used up the hour-and-a-half in my Canada-Wide Talk balance, which took it to zero!  Is Canada-Wide Long Distance just for text?

It depends on your plan!

If you have $15 plan with limited 100 outgoing minutes THEN Canada LD add-on makes sense.
But if your plan already includes unlimited Canada wide outgoing calls then there is no reason to purchase Canada long distance add-on minutes.

JohnnyB1

I called an Ontario number from Alberta, thinking I was using the 455 minutes left in my Canada-Wide Long Distance add-on. However, I used up the hour-and-a-half in my Canada-Wide Talk balance, which took it to zero! Is Canada-Wide Long Distance just for text?

JohnnyB1

I called an Ontario number from Alberta, thinking I was using the 455 minutes left in my Canada-Wide Long Distance add-on.  However, I used up the hour-and-a-half in my Canada-Wide Talk balance, which took it to zero!  Is Canada-Wide Long Distance just for text?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnnyB1 

no diff...same thing with differnet wording.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@JohnnyB1  It’s same thing , just different wording  meaning same things 

Need Help? Let's chat.