cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I change my plan?

dadsgt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Currently on a grandfathered plan....3 months for 90.00...1gb and provide wide calling.  

The 25.00 dollar plan seems to be a better deal..basically getting more data 2gigs and canadawide calling.

My phone displays 4g when using data on this plan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@dadsgt wrote:

Currently on a grandfathered plan....3 months for 90.00...1gb and provide wide calling.  

The 25.00 dollar plan seems to be a better deal..basically getting more data 2gigs and canadawide calling.

For $25 on auto pay you get 1GB/30 days at throttled LTE speeds. For most people 3Mbps is enough for their daily use like checking e-mail, social media, browsing, music streaming and the occasional YouTube video.

Please be aware that

- once you switch from your current plan you are not getting it back

- you should future date/schedule a plan change for your next renewal date since there are no refunds for any unused portions of your current plan

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@dadsgt wrote:

For $25 on auto pay you get 1GB/30 days at throttled LTE speeds. For most people 3Mbps is enough for their daily use like checking e-mail, social media, browsing, music streaming and the occasional YouTube video.

Please be aware that

- once you switch from your current plan you are not getting it back

- you should future date/schedule a plan change for your next renewal date since there are no refunds for any unused portions of your current plan

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@dadsgt  I think you answered your own question, but it's up to you..... just weigh the pros & cons, and see which one looks better.

dadsgt

Thanks for replies...so I guess I read the plan wrong...it's 1 gb per month?...or 3 gbs for 3 months?..I like the 90 day autopay.

I signed up with public 4 years ago...I'm not sure if I'm getting 4g or not... wouldn't my phone show 3g instead of 4g... doesn't really matter anyway don't use it much...surprisimly 1gd was enough for 3 months.

But if I had more ..i would use it more

@dadsgt  The only difference is your data speed(and the price.) With only 1gb over 90 days you're hardly streaming HD video. By switching you would be saving $5 p/m  and tripling your data. Also consider the $15 plan. On autopay you would get 250mb of data (or 25% less than on the 90 day) and cutting your bill in half. Add the $5/500min add on to supplement the outgoing calls. This would also allow you to dip into the free holiday add ons while making significant savings on your bill. Change to the $25 if its just not enough data.

@dadsgt wrote:

Thanks for replies...so I guess I read the plan wrong...it's 1 gb per month?

Yes, it comes with 500MB, but if you set up autopay, you get an extra 500MB, for that 1GB total.

...or 3 gbs for 3 months?..I like the 90 day autopay.

Personally, I've never looked into the 90 day thing..... I THINK they still offer that.... 🤔 

I signed up with public 4 years ago...I'm not sure if I'm getting 4g or not... wouldn't my phone show 3g instead of 4g

Not sure what phones would show what info, but if you REALLY want to know, just do some speed tests at: https://www.speedtest.net/ 

... doesn't really matter anyway don't use it much...surprisimly 1gd was enough for 3 months.

But if I had more ..i would use it more

Yeah, me too - I'm on the $15 plan, with only 250MB, and I really don't use it unless absolutely necessary..... I pretty much hate surfing on such a tiny screen, at relatively slow speed, anyway.

dadsgt

More data is better

@dadsgt  Dont do a speed test. On 4G you can use 400mb in one speed test. On 3G you would use about 20mb.

Decide on your data needs...you will use slightly less on 3G. If you don't mind losing the 90 day plan...as its no longer offered try out the $25. If your just not needing 1gb a month try out the $15. You can always switch back and forth depending on your need. Less in winter because your on WiFi more...more in summer because your outside more away from WiFi. Either way your saving money.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@dadsgt  Also, take into consideration that the new plans are nationwide calling, and  yours is provincial wide

@dadsgt wrote:

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@dadsgt , I would switch to the current plan.  The full speed LTE if not worth hanging onto at that price.  The only legacy plan worth keeping is the $120/90 days/12GB plan.  Only losing out to the current $40 plan by 1GB per 30 days.