cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive texts....seems like I'm not the only one.

Sheree1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am not receiving texts. I want to return to Virgin but can't port my number back. I can't receive a text from Virgin - or others as well. Really frustrating.

I have initiated a chat with Mobile but have not heard anything back from them. In order to speak to a live agent you have to key in your phone number. I can't get my number ported because I can't receive texts. I'm in limbo at this point.

6 REPLIES 6

jilly7119
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The same thing is happening to us. Sooo frustrating 

@Phil_Adelphus wrote:

@Yummy  It seems to be mostly new customers who have the texting problem, customer service are fixing it on an individual basis on request.

Oh, my... Is that a way to create more low paid jobs???

WHY stuff cannot work as expected very FIRST time at PM? WHY customer have to get frustrated from the day One and badmouth PM later?

@Yummy  It seems to be mostly new customers who have the texting problem, customer service are fixing it on an individual basis on request.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

My texting in/out work as expected (ON).

Phil_Adelphus
Mayor / Maire

@Sheree1   There's currently a technical glitch with text messages that an agent should be able to fix individually.  Have you checked your community inbox for a reply from PM customer support agent?  If it's not at the envelope icon top right, then tap your avatar for Messages since not everyone sees the envelope.  Response time may still be a bit slower than usual.

I'm a bit unclear where you are in the porting process because up to a certain point your Virgin sim should still be in your phone and working until you reply YES giving them permission to release the number.  If already ported to PM then it's PM that sends the text if you're porting back out, not Virgin.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Sheree1 

but you were able to receive calls?

You can check with support agent with this problem, and maybe ask if they can approve your port out request verbally  instead of via text.     please submit a ticket with CS Agent using this Chatbot link:  https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html  Type the question "Submit ticket", Then click the following in order: "Contact Us" ,  "Other",  "Log In".   (use email to receive 2FA if you cannot receive 2FA via sms)

If any issue with ticket submission, you can  submit by direct message:  
      https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437        

Need Help? Let's chat.